With the largest international tax group of any single law firm and close integration with non-tax colleagues, we are able to deliver clients seamless and truly global tax advice.
The provision of cross-border tax advice is key to success and the firm's unique global reach supports clients in a manner that no other law firm can match. We manage and deliver commercial advice across the full spectrum of international and domestic tax issues including:
- Banking & finance tax – Advising on the full range of financial products including lending, acquisition finance, real estate finance, asset finance, project finance, derivatives, insolvency & restructuring and structured finance. We have particular experience in extra territorial taxes such FATCA and the proposed European FTT.
- Capital markets & structured debt tax – We provide tax advice on large and complex debt and equity market transactions. We have vast experience of advising on securitisations, debt and equity capital markets, repackagings, collateralised debt obligations (CDOs) and derivatives.
- Corporate, M&A & joint ventures tax – Our tax teams advise in relation to some of the world's largest and most complex M&A and corporate finance transactions including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- investment into and from Europe, the Middle East, the US and Asia
- joint ventures
- partnership structures
- management buy-outs and buy-ins
- cross-border transactions
- corporate restructuring
- IPOs and secondary offerings
- Private equity & funds tax – We provide full tax advice on private fund structures (including private equity, debt funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds and funds of funds) and on private equity/infrastructure deals.
- Real estate tax – We have built up one of the largest international real estate tax groups in the industry specialising in tax complex deal structures. We advise on a broad range of direct and indirect taxation issues, including establishing funds, joint ventures, real estate securitisation structures, limited partnerships, unit trusts and special purpose vehicles.
- Restructuring tax – Our restructuring tax expertise covers debt restructurings, workouts, reorganisations and insolvency. We have advised on the some of the largest and most complex restructurings in recent times, including restructurings and refinancings of corporates, funds and structured investment vehicles. Our global practice means that we are used to structuring cross-border transactions, where one structure must satisfy the legal and tax requirements in a dozen or more jurisdictions.
- Stamp duty & transfer taxes – We offer specialist advice across all major jurisdictions on stamp taxes and other transfer taxes.
- Transfer pricing tax – We assist our clients develop transfer pricing policies and advise on the transfer pricing implications of complex cross-border transactions, including in the fields of finance, corporate structuring and intellectual property.
- Value added tax – We offer specialist VAT advice on cross border supplies of goods and services and on all forms of financing, corporate and real estate transactions. We also undertake VAT litigation work.