Nicola Hemsley advises corporates, financial investors and financial institutions on the tax aspects of a wide variety of cross-border corporate and equity capital markets transactions. Nicola specialises in mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures, IPOs and secondary offerings.
- Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Taiwan to DBS Group, as part of Citi's announced strategy of focussing its consumer business in Asia and EMEA on wealth management out of Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and London
- Mondelēz International on its USD 2 billion acquisition of high-growth European snacking company, Chipita S.A.
- Barclays on the sale of its asset finance business, with total assets of £1.15 billion, to HPS Investment Partners
- BlackRock on a number of co-investments, including alongside Mubadala and West Street Infrastructure Partners (the Goldman Sachs infrastructure platform) on their recommended £1.946 billion cash offer for Calisen plc, the owner and manager of essential energy infrastructure assets
View all news and client work featuring Nicola Hemsley
Career and qualifications
Emmanuel College, Cambridge (BA Modern and Medieval Languages (French and German)) 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2012
- Partner since May 2022