Our European capability gives clients access to the local knowledge of a national firm, with the cross-border resources of an international network.
Delivering high level advice at national and European levels
Clients benefit from the breadth of our European team, working out of our international network across the region. In European countries in which we operate, we help clients understand the local markets, key players, and legal frameworks that matter to their businesses. We often handle cross-border deals, which means our clients receive advice from lawyers who regularly work in extended multi-practice, multi-office teams.
Understanding our clients through sector focus
We work closely with clients on the legal and commercial issues that are critical to their businesses. This keeps us at the forefront of industry developments. We have built global sector teams, which share knowledge to keep clients up to date on sector trends. Combined with our European and international reach, our deep sector expertise gets the best possible results for our clients.
Client-focused and forward thinking
We deliver these results through close working relationships with our clients, supported by seamless collaboration across practice group and geographic borders. Client comments are often as much about the way we work as they are about the quality of our advice. We invest heavily to ensure that clients benefit from our formidable knowledge and market insights, that they have access to the best team for the job, and that we bring the right processes and advanced technologies to save time and money for our clients. This commitment to creating value for our clients sits at the heart of our firm.
- Advised MásMóvil on the friendly EUR 5 billion takeover bid from KKR, Cinven and Providence.
- Advised Mondelēz International on the IPO and listing of JDE Peet's shares on Euronext Amsterdam, at a valuation of EUR 15.6 billion.
- Advised Ardian-controlled Dedalus Holding on its EUR 975 million acquisition of the healthcare IT activities of Agfa-Gevaert Group.
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation and Japanese energy company Chubu on the EUR 4.1 billion acquisition of Eneco, a 100% green energy provider.
- Advised Pfizer on a joint venture with GlaxoSmithKline to create a premier global consumer healthcare company.
- Advised BBVA on the disposal of 80% of its real estate business in Spain to Cerberus for around €5 billion.
- "With a wide range of capabilities, it's one of the best choices whenever you need sound legal advice both in domestic and in cross-border transactions."
"Cross-border execution was flawless."
Chambers Europe 2020, Banking & Finance (Europe-wide)
- "They are very efficient and have great cross-border capabilities in capital markets matters."
"They have a global view of the market and a deep knowledge of all regulatory changes and implications."
Chambers Europe 2020, Capital Markets (Europe-wide)
- "Not only is the international presence an advantage, but they work together fluently, which is helpful."
Chambers Europe 2020, Corporate/M&A (Europe-wide)
- A client comments on the firm's ability to handle difficult multi-jurisdictional aspects of cases: "Clifford Chance solved the issue without any problems. Their capabilities in this regard are unquestionable."
Chambers Europe 2020, Dispute Resolution (Europe-wide)
- One client praises the lawyers' "efficiency and ability to support us locally and internationally."
"They cover all geographies and coordinate well in places where they do not have a local team."
Chambers Europe 2020, Private Equity (Europe-wide)
- "All the lawyers are very sharp in their own field and good at adjusting to different situations."
"The firm has an international team that can handle international cases and deals."
Chambers Europe 2020, Real Estate (Europe-wide)
- "There is a reason why Clifford Chance are leading the biggest restructuring cases, and that is the commercial edge that they have."
"They do a fantastic job of executing a complex matter across a large number of jurisdictions."
Chambers Europe 2020, Restructuring/Insolvency (Europe-wide)