Steve Jacoby co-heads the Luxembourg Banking, Finance and Capital Markets practice and handles acquisition finance, bank lending, securitisation, capital markets, regulatory, derivatives, general banking law (including litigation), corporate law and insolvency matters.
Steve is an associate lecturer (Chargé de Cours Associé) at the University of Luxembourg and a lecturer at the Luxembourg Bar School in banking, finance and capital markets law. He is a regular contributor to legal journals and a member of various advisory committees on financial law questions within Luxembourg public institutions and professional organisations.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne (Maîtrise en droit international des affaires) 1994
- Cambridge University (LL.M. Cantab. hons.) 1995
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1996
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2002
- Luxembourg Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB)
- Member of the editorial board of the publication "Bulletin d'Information sur la Jurisprudence " (BIJ)
- "Annales du Droit Luxembourgeois", Bruylant, Board member
Awards and citations
- Co-head of the banking, finance and capital markets practice Steve Jacoby advises clients on a broad range of transactions. According to impressed commentators, "he is amazing – one of the best lawyers in the market."
Chambers Europe 2016: Banking & Finance, Luxembourg – band 1
- Steve Jacoby is praised for his practical approach: "He finds an efficient solution suitable for all parties involved and does not waste time on theoretical questions."
Chambers Europe 2014: Capital Markets
- The "brilliant" Steve Jacoby co-heads the practice. He advises on bank lending, capital markets, securitisation, acquisition finance, derivatives, corporate law, banking regulation and insolvency matters.
Chambers Europe 2014: Banking & Finance