Steve Jacoby is Regional Managing Partner for Continental Europe. He is currently the office managing partner for Luxembourg and co-heads the Luxembourg Banking, Finance and Capital Markets practice.
He advises on finance and capital markets matters and has a significant expertise in financial regulatory work, with a focus on digital finance and capital markets. He joined the firm in 2000 and became a partner in 2002.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne (Maîtrise en droit international des affaires) 1994
- Cambridge University (LL.M. Cantab. hons.) 1995
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1996
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2002
- Regional Managing Partner for Continental Europe since 2022
- Luxembourg Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB)
- Member of the editorial board of the publication "Bulletin d'Information sur la Jurisprudence " (BIJ)
- "Annales du Droit Luxembourgeois", Bruylant, Board member
Awards and citations
- Clients praise Steve Jacoby as a "very thorough and technically very strong lawyer who is very pragmatic and responsive."
Chambers Europe 2021: Banking & Finance
- Steve Jacoby is praised by clients for being "an extremely smart guy who is commercially minded and understands super quickly what you are after.“
Chambers Europe 2020: Capital Markets
- "He has a very big interest in blockchain and is leading the practice," says a market insider.
Chambers Europe 2020: Fintech Legal
- Co-head of the banking, finance and capital markets practice Steve Jacoby advises clients on a broad range of transactions. According to impressed commentators, "he is amazing – one of the best lawyers in the market."
Chambers Europe 2016: Banking & Finance, Luxembourg – band 1
- Steve Jacoby is praised for his practical approach: "He finds an efficient solution suitable for all parties involved and does not waste time on theoretical questions."
Chambers Europe 2014: Capital Markets
- The "brilliant" Steve Jacoby co-heads the practice. He advises on bank lending, capital markets, securitisation, acquisition finance, derivatives, corporate law, banking regulation and insolvency matters.
Chambers Europe 2014: Banking & Finance