Steve Jacoby co-heads the Luxembourg Banking, Finance and Capital Markets practice and handles acquisition finance, bank lending, securitisation, capital markets, regulatory, derivatives, general banking law (including litigation), corporate law and insolvency matters.
Steve is an associate lecturer (Chargé de Cours Associé) at the University of Luxembourg and a lecturer at the Luxembourg Bar School in banking, finance and capital markets law. He is a regular contributor to legal journals and a member of various advisory committees on financial law questions within Luxembourg public institutions and professional organisations.
Clifford Chance LLP and Yegin Ciftci advise HSBC Bank plc as Sole Arranger and Global Coordinator on the first-ever Greenfield infrastructure project bond in Turkey
16 December 2016
Clifford Chance advises the CCP IV fund on its acquisition of the Garden Tower
10 December 2015
Le cabinet Clifford Chance conseille le Mécanisme Européen de Stabilité et le Fonds Européen de Stabilité Financière dans la résolution de la crise de l'Euro
25 February 2013
Strategic role for Clifford Chance in Euro debt crisis resolution
25 February 2013
Clifford Chance conseille la Française REM dans le cadre du montage de leur fonds de dettes immobilières « senior »
18 February 2013
Fintech in 2019 – Five trends to watch
31 January 2019
Luxembourg law on register of beneficial owners
16 January 2019
Globalisation at the crossroads: Populism, Protectionism and Trade - what it means for business
6 November 2018
Luxembourg implements PSD 2
22 August 2018
Loan trading across the globe
10 July 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne (Maîtrise en droit international des affaires) 1994
- Cambridge University (LL.M. Cantab. hons.) 1995
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1996
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Partner since 2002
- Luxembourg Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB)
- Member of the editorial board of the publication "Bulletin d'Information sur la Jurisprudence " (BIJ)
- "Annales du Droit Luxembourgeois", Bruylant, Board member
Awards and citations
- Co-head of the banking, finance and capital markets practice Steve Jacoby advises clients on a broad range of transactions. According to impressed commentators, "he is amazing – one of the best lawyers in the market."
Chambers Europe 2016: Banking & Finance, Luxembourg – band 1
- Steve Jacoby is praised for his practical approach: "He finds an efficient solution suitable for all parties involved and does not waste time on theoretical questions."
Chambers Europe 2014: Capital Markets
- The "brilliant" Steve Jacoby co-heads the practice. He advises on bank lending, capital markets, securitisation, acquisition finance, derivatives, corporate law, banking regulation and insolvency matters.
Chambers Europe 2014: Banking & Finance