Our international team has an in-depth understanding of the TMT sector.
We bring the right mix of industry knowledge and experience to your TMT transactions. We invest time to understand our clients’ strategic objectives, offering relevant and practical advice.
Transactions in the TMT sector continue to be primarily cross-border, and our seamless integrated legal service spans the world's major business jurisdictions. The team provides transactional and regulatory advice in connection with mergers and acquisitions, compliance, anti-trust and competition, financing and capital markets, litigation and tax.
The TMT group is an integrated team of lawyers in key centres across our network, with regular regional and worldwide meetings, joint training programmes and know-how exchanges. Best practice is available across our territories to clients everywhere. The TMT practice is top ranked by several third party guides for its expertise in a number of jurisdictions. Many of its partners are also recognised as industry leading advisors.
The TMT group produces a range of market-leading publications for clients covering hot topics in telecommunications, media and technology, such as Talking Tech and the Communications & Media: Alerter.
- Advising Tele2 on the merger of its Dutch operation Tele2 Netherlands with T-Mobile Netherlands, the Dutch subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom
- Advising Cineworld plc on its USD$3.6 billion offer to acquire 100% of Regal Entertainment by way of a merger
- Advising Imagem CV, one of the largest music publishers in Europe and owned by Dutch public pension fund APG, on the sale of the Imagem Production Music business to Toronto-based Olé Music Management LP
- Advising Deutsche Telekom on the sale, together with Orange, of mobile operator EE to BT for £12.5 billion in cash and shares
- Advising Inmarsat on its strategic partnership with Deutsche Telekom to deliver in-flight high-speed internet access
- Advising major media and telecoms groups Schibsted, Telenor and Singapore Press Holdings on joint ventures to develop online classifieds platformsCineworld plc on its USD$3.6 billion offer to acquire 100% of Regal Entertainment by way of a merger