Our international team has an in-depth understanding of the TMT sector.
We bring the right mix of industry knowledge and experience to your TMT transactions. We invest time to understand our clients’ strategic objectives, offering relevant and practical advice.
Transactions in the TMT sector continue to be primarily cross-border, and our seamless integrated legal service spans the world's major business jurisdictions. The team provides transactional and regulatory advice in connection with mergers and acquisitions, compliance, anti-trust and competition, financing and capital markets, litigation and tax.
The TMT group is an integrated team of lawyers in key centres across our network, with regular regional and worldwide meetings, joint training programmes and know-how exchanges. Best practice is available across our territories to clients everywhere. The TMT practice is top ranked by several third party guides for its expertise in a number of jurisdictions. Many of its partners are also recognised as industry leading advisors.
The TMT group produces a range of market-leading publications for clients covering hot topics in telecommunications, media and technology, such as Talking Tech and the Communications & Media: Alerter.
- Clifford Chance advises Imagem CV, one of the largest music publishers in Europe and owned by Dutch public pension fund APG, on the sale of the Imagem Production Music business to Toronto-based Olé Music Management LP
- Clifford Chance advises Baofeng and Everbright on their strategic partnership with MP & Silva, a leading international sports media rights company
- Clifford Chance advises Deutsche Telekom on the sale, together with Orange, of mobile operator EE to BT for £12.5 billion in cash and shares
- Clifford Chance advises Inmarsat on its strategic partnership with Deutsche Telekom to deliver in-flight high-speed internet access
- Clifford Chance advises major media and telecoms groups on joint ventures to develop online classifieds platforms