Our Media lawyers combine an in-depth knowledge of the media industry with the deal flow and deal size of a leading international law firm.
We work on complex transactional and commercial deals, including M&A, litigation, antitrust and competition, regulation, intellectual property, finance, capital markets and tax – but what really sets us apart is our ability to provide our clients with commercial value in media business deals, including content distribution, production and financing.
We provide extensive support within the converging areas of media - including print, broadcast, digital, music, film, radio, theme parks and sport.
- Comcast Corporation, through NBCUniversal, on its USD$1.5 billion acquisition of 51% of the issued shares in USJ Co., the operating company of Universal Studios Japan
- América Móvil on its equity investment in Shazam Networks
- Antenna Group on the disposal of its media assets in Serbia and Montenegro
- Channel Five UK on its VOD and linear HD carriage agreements on Virgin Media cable
- Ludorum plc, an AIM-listed business operating in the children's and youth entertainment market, on their global product distribution agreements including all-window broadcast licenses and merchandising agreements
- Citigroup on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of EMI Group
- Com Hem on its agreements with TiVo Inc and five other vendors to implement the TiVo television technology and related technologies onto Com Hem's cable television platform in Sweden
- Global Radio on its acquisition of Guardian Media Group’s radio assets
- Clifford Chance advising Hearst on its acquisition of Rodale's global content business