Vanessa Marsland specialises in intellectual property including copyright, patents, trademarks, and designs. She is a specialist editor of Copinger & Skone James on Copyright (14th to 17th Edition).
Vanessa handles transactions, advisory and disputes work across the spectrum of intellectual property rights.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- King's College Cambridge (LLB) 1979
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1981
- Intellectual property partner since 1987
Awards and citations
- Vanessa is listed as a leading "Trade Mark Star, Copyright Star and Transactions Star" in Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars 2021
- Vanessa Marsland is an "incredibly impressive lawyer who is disarming yet super-sharp," according to a client.
Chambers UK 2020 – Intellectual Property
- Sources say Vanessa Marsland is "a long-standing presence in the IP community noted for her experience handling high-value IP rights transactions" and "a seasoned trade mark and copyright litigator."
Chambers UK 2019 – Intellectual Property
- Vanessa Marsland is "scarily good at trademarks" and "comes at things from angles others simply don't think of". "Any time you get to be with her is an education." Running the trademark practice at Clifford Chance, she serves up well-rounded advice to clients in the technology, media and consumer goods arenas.
World Trademark Review 1000 2018