Kathleen L. Werner is a Partner in the Capital Markets practice of Clifford Chance. Kathleen primarily represents companies and investment banks in capital markets and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Kathleen's clients include public and private companies in the financial services, real estate and media industries. She acts as regular outside corporate and SEC counsel to many of her clients.
In addition, Kathleen frequently represents investment banking firms acting as underwriters and initial purchasers in public and private securities offerings.
Kathleen is a trustee of The New York Foundling.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- St. Joseph's University (BA) 1988
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) 1991
- Joined Clifford Chance 1991
- Partner since 2000
Awards and citations
- Sources single out the "amazing" Kathleen Werner as a "very talented" practitioner in the REITs space. She is commended for her work on capital markets and M&A matters, encompassing publicly traded and public nonlisted REITs.
Chambers 2020 USA-Nationwide: REITS
- Kathleen Werner has been ranked in Chambers USA: REITs. Sources comment: "She's a pleasure to work with; she's really smart and very practical," adding that "she's very innovative; she's a great attorney."
Chambers USA 2019 - REITs (Nationwide)
- Kathleen Werner has been ranked in Chambers USA – REITs (Nationwide). Sources say that Kathleen Werner is "very knowledgeable, understands the legal and regulatory language and is commercial and creative." She advises both traded and nontraded REITs, as well as banks serving as underwriters.
Chambers USA 2017– REITs
- Kathleen has been recognized as a leader in the REIT industry.
Chambers USA and Chambers Global
- According to her clients and peers, she is considered an "extremely hard-working, client-focused and creative lawyer."
Chambers USA 2013