We have a leading, global corporate and M&A practice, regularly featuring near the top of the cross-border M&A league tables and consistently winning some of the most high-profile and high-value deals in the market.
We advise our clients, who are among the world's leading companies, on the full range of public and private transactions from complex multi-billion-pound cross-border deals, strategic joint ventures, major divestments and demergers, through to unsolicited takeover approaches, defence strategies and governance issues.
Our team includes experts in antitrust/competition law, funds and investment management, insurance, private equity, technology and public policy – and we are closely integrated with our market-leading finance and capital markets practices.
We also have a strong sector focus that allows us to provide clients with a coherent offering that addresses all of their legal requirements, combined with deep regulatory and market understanding.
We focus on delivering a blend of high-quality legal input and pragmatic business-focused advice, recognising the commercial back-drop of the situation, as well as the local political environment and wider risk and reputational considerations.
- Advised Port & Free Zone World FZE (PFZW), on the US$2.7 billion cash offer to take DP World PLC private and associated US$8 billion refinancing for Dubai World
- Advised Masmovil on its friendly €5 billion takeover bid from KKR, Cinven and Providence
- Advised Telefónica on the £31 billion merger of its UK subsidiary O2 with Liberty Global's Virgin Media
- Advised Swiss Re on the sale of the Reassur Abu Dhabi National Energy Company on its proposed US$54 billion merger with Abu Dhabi Power Corporatione Group to the Phoenix Group for £3.2 billion
- Advised Cellnex on its acquisition of Arqiva's telecoms towers business for £2 billion
- Advised Europcar Mobility Group on its acquisition of Fox Rent A Car, one of the largest independent players in the US car rental market
- Advised Dongfeng on selling of its shares related to the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) and Peugeot S.A.
- Advised A consortium of Mitsubishi Corporation and Chubu on the €4.1 billion acquisition of Dutch energy company Eneco
- Advised Inmarsat on its takeover by a consortium formed of funds advised by Apax Partners LLP, Warburg Pincus LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
- Advised CK Asset Holdings Ltd on its £2.7 billion acquisition of Greene King
- Advised Mastercard on its largest ever piece of M&A, the acquisition for US$3.19 billion for Nets A/S' real time payments business
- Advised Sberbank in relation to Emirates NBD's purchase of 99.9% of Denizbank AS, a Sberbank PJSC unit in Turkey, for $3.2 billion
- Advised Edison on the disposal to Energean Oil & Gas of 100% of Edison Exploration and Production (E&P) and its subsidiaries in the hydrocarbons exploration and production business
- Advised Provident Financial on its successful defence against the hostile offer by NSF plc