We have a leading, global corporate and M&A practice, regularly featuring near the top of the cross-border M&A league tables and consistently winning some of the most high-profile and high-value deals in the market.
We advise our clients, who are among the world's leading companies, on the full range of public and private transactions from complex multi-billion-pound cross-border deals, strategic joint ventures, major divestments and demergers, through to unsolicited takeover approaches, defence strategies and governance issues.
Our team includes experts in antitrust/competition law, funds and investment management, insurance, private equity, technology and public policy – and we are closely integrated with our market-leading finance and capital markets practices.
We also have a strong sector focus that allows us to provide clients with a coherent offering that addresses all of their legal requirements, combined with deep regulatory and market understanding.
We focus on delivering a blend of high-quality legal input and pragmatic business-focused advice, recognising the commercial back-drop of the situation, as well as the local political environment and wider risk and reputational considerations.
- Advised Emirates NBD on its US$4.4 billion acquisition of Turkey's Denizbank from Russia’s state-owned Sberbank
- Advised NEX, an electronic markets and post trade business, on its agreed £4 billion takeover by CME Group Inc
- Advised Unilever on its acquisition of Carver Korea for US$2.7 billion
- Advised ACS on its agreement with Atlantia S.p.A and Hochtief AG for a joint investment in Abertis S.A.
- Advised ENGIE on the sale of its upstream and midstream LNG activities, liquefaction, shipping and international LNG trading
- Advised CITIC Agri Group on the USD$1.1 billion acquisition of Dow's corn seeds business in Brazil
- Advised Booker Group on its GBP£3.7 billion merger with Tesco
- Advised Coca Cola Company on its USD$575 million purchase of Unilever’s AdeS soy-based beverage business, together with Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. and its bottling partners in Latin America
- Advised KUKA on the EUR€3.8 billion public takeover made by Midea Group – the largest Chinese investment in the industrials sector in Germany