Mo Al-Shukairy has extensive experience advising corporate, investment banking, private equity and other clients on takeovers and mergers, capital raising and stock exchange issues in London and the Middle East.
- Advised Sorouh Real Estate Company on its US$12 billion merger with Aldar Properties – the first ever public company statutory merger in the UAE
- Advised QNB Group on its US$2.5 billion acquisition of National Société Générale Bank (Egypt) – the largest ever MENA cross border financial institutions M&A deal
- Advised Almarai on its takeover of Hadco – the first ever public company takeover in Saudi Arabia
- Advised Arabtec on its EPC joint venture with Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd.
Clifford Chance in cooperation with AS&H is advising on the first ever statutory merger in Saudi Arabia
9 October 2018
Clifford Chance advising Aldar Properties on its AED 3.7 billion acquisition of real estate assets from TDIC
8 May 2018
Clifford Chance advising Buyers on AED1 billion acquisition of Byrne Group in the GCC
23 April 2018
Clifford Chance advising SABIC on proposed acquisition of strategic stake in Clariant from 40 North and Corvex
29 January 2018
Clifford Chance advises Dubai Aerospace Enterprise on Joramco acquisition
3 October 2016
Global M&A Toolkit
- Mo explores the likely developments in the public M&A market in the Middle East (June 2013)
- Mo discusses the key drivers and obstacles in the Middle East public M&A market (June 2013)
Insurance Global 2017
15 November 2017
New UAE Takeover Regime
26 July 2017
UAE Competition Law Update: Implications for M&A Transactions
23 March 2017
UAE Ministry of Economy issues guidance on application of the Commercial Companies Law to LLCs
2 June 2016
The Insurance Authority Financial Regulations: A platform for growth in the UAE
15 February 2016
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (LL.B. and LL.M., First Class) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance, London 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Partner Since 2011
- Relocated to Dubai 2011
- Speaks Arabic and English
Awards and citations
- Mo Al-Shukairy sits in the Dubai office and has a strong regional M&A practice that includes mandates in Kuwait, Qatar and other GCC jurisdictions. His clients include major banks and interviewees comment that "he is very authoritative in tough negotiations."
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial – Middle East
- Mohammed Al-Shukairy advises on regional M&A, takeover and private equity matters, with notable experience of work on cross-border transactions. Clients regard him as "a very slick professional who provides timely and good advice."
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial – UAE
- Al-Shukairy advised the National Bank of Kuwait on its sale of 30% stake in the International Bank of Qatar for $538m to Qatari investors, this was seen as a “notable deal in the financial services”
IFLR1000 2015: Financial & Corporate – UAE
- Mo Al-Shukairy displays "a rare combination of legal understanding and business acumen," according to one impressed source. He advises corporations, investment banks and private equity firms on a variety of transactions.
Chambers Global 2015: Corporate/M&A High End Cross Border – UAE
- Mohammed Al-Shukairy and Mike Taylor are also strongly recommended.
Legal 500 2015: Corporate & M&A – UAE (Band 1)