Regional Managing Partner, Middle East
Mo Al-Shukairy has extensive experience advising corporate, investment banking, private equity and other clients on takeovers and mergers, capital raising and stock exchange issues in London and the Middle East.
Career and qualifications
Bristol University (LL.B. and LL.M., First Class) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance, London 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Partner since 2011
- Relocated to Dubai 2011
Awards and citations
- Mohammed Al-Shukairy is most commonly active on corporate, private equity and investment banking matters, often advising clients on takeovers and mergers. One client said of him: "He has good communication skills and provides unbiased and fair advice - a good lawyer to have on your side to close a transaction."
Global Chambers 2019
- Mo Al-Shukairy sits in the Dubai office and has a strong regional M&A practice that includes mandates in Kuwait, Qatar and other GCC jurisdictions. His clients include major banks and interviewees comment that "he is very authoritative in tough negotiations."
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial – Middle East
- Mohammed Al-Shukairy advises on regional M&A, takeover and private equity matters, with notable experience of work on cross-border transactions. Clients regard him as "a very slick professional who provides timely and good advice."
Chambers Global 2016: Corporate & Commercial – UAE
- Al-Shukairy advised the National Bank of Kuwait on its sale of 30% stake in the International Bank of Qatar for $538m to Qatari investors, this was seen as a “notable deal in the financial services”
IFLR1000 2015: Financial & Corporate – UAE
- Mo Al-Shukairy displays "a rare combination of legal understanding and business acumen," according to one impressed source. He advises corporations, investment banks and private equity firms on a variety of transactions.
Chambers Global 2015: Corporate/M&A High End Cross Border – UAE
- Mohammed Al-Shukairy and Mike Taylor are also strongly recommended.
Legal 500 2015: Corporate & M&A – UAE (Band 1)