Katia Gauzès specialises in corporate law, advising domestic and foreign clients, in particular international companies and clients from the private equity and real estate industry on the structuring of complex international transactions, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions as well as the reorganization and setting up of various company structures and joint ventures in Luxembourg.
Katia represents Clifford Chance on the board of directors of LPEA, the Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association, and is also a member of its Legal Technical Committee.
- Advised Amundi Immobilier on acquisition of the hotel INK, MGallery by Sofitel in the heart of Amsterdam. The team comprised Partner Katia Gauzes (lead), Senior associate Frédérique Davister, and associate Raphael Theiss, all Corporate/Private Equity in Luxembourg.
- Shopping spree in Frankfurt: Greenberg Traurig-client Schroders acquires Pollux skyscraper
Schroders has acquired the Pollux skyscraper in Frankfurt from US investor Blackstone for the purchase price of €230 million. Partners Christian Keilich, Fabian Böhm, Thorsten Sauerhering, Katia Gauzès, Philipp Stoecker and Dr. Dominik Engl led the advisory team for Blackstone.
- Advised MircoInvest, holding company owned by one of the infrastructure funds managed by Natixis Mirova and another fund managed by PGGM, on the acquisition from Caisse Des Dépôts Et Consignations and Fond-ICOInfraestructuras of a 60% stake of Albali Señalización, S.A., a concessionaire company operating and maintaining the signalling facilities, fixed telecommunications, traffic control, protection and safety and GSM-R mobile phone for part of the High Speed Madrid-Levante Line Section.
Completion of the acquisition is conditional on the obtaining of the relevant authorisations from ADIF, EIB and the shareholders of Albali. Closing is expected to take place in the second half of 2018
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (Master's Degree in Business Law) 1998
- ESSEC Business School (MBA) 2001
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (DESS in Business Law and Tax) 2002
- Associate, Arendt & Medernach 2002
- Partner, Arendt & Medernach 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2016
- Luxembourg Private Equity Association (LPEA), member of the board of directors
- Former Member of Luxembourg Bar Council (Conseil de l'Ordre)
- French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseiller de commerce Extérieur de France (CCE))
Awards and citations
- Katia Gauzès frequently assists financial services clients with cross-border sales and acquisitions. She is recognised as a "key partner for M&A," and clients report that "it is a pleasure to work with her."
Chambers Europe 2020
- Katia Gauzès acts for private equity and real estate clients on corporate finance matters, M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. Sources appreciate "her ability to find common solutions" and describe her as "a very nice, pleasant person who is easy to work with." In addition to handling the firm's M&A work for DIF and EDF Invest, she has also recently advised several Korean investors and Amundi Real Estate on the real estate acquisition of a building in Rotterdam.Leading Lawyers M&A, Leaders League
Chambers Europe, Luxembourg, Corporate M&A, 2019
- Katia Gauzès is an increasingly prominent practitioner in the M&A market and is lauded for her "high-quality work." She is very active on cross-border sales and acquisitions, and sources laud her hands-on approach. One interviewee comments: "She was very helpful and devoted to the deal," additionally praising her technical skills and her knowledge of the regulatory framework.
Chambers Global, Luxembourg, Corporate M&A, 2019
- Chambers (Global et Europe)
- IFLR (Highly Regarded)
- Legal 500 (Recommended Lawyer)
- International Corporate Finance 2015