Nigel Wellings has extensive experience advising on the full range of corporate transactions.
Nigel is a partner in the London private equity team working on European and Energy Market private equity. He spent five years in our Dubai office working on a range of transactions in the MENA region. He has a broad practice covering private company M&A, joint ventures, equity investments and reorganizations for financial sponsors. He works across a number of sectors, most notably financial services, FMCG and infrastructure.
Nigel is the Africa Practice Leader for Private Equity/M&A.
- Advised Carrefour in the reorganisation of its partnership with Majid Al Futtaim Holding
- Advised Carlyle on their first investment into Jordan
Finance Monthly Deal Maker of the Year Awards 2013
- Advised Aujan Industries on the signing of a $980 million transaction with The Coca-Cola Company
M&A Deal of the Year - ALB The Brief Middle East Law Awards 2012
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham (Law with American Law (LLB, Am) 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1997
- Partner since 2006
- The Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Nigel Wellings receives plaudits for his considerable technical abilities, with sources adding: "He's a good listener and provides a good way forward."
Chambers Global 2014: UAE - Corporate/M&A High End Cross Border (Band 1)
- Nigel Wellings enters the rankings on the back of client and peer praise for his “high level of technical expertise" and some impressive work for private equity companies.
Chambers Global 2013 UAE - Corporate/M&A and Corporate/Commercial