Umberto Penco Salvi heads the Italian Energy & Infrastructure Group and specialises in M&A, joint ventures, tender offers, restructuring, construction and project contracts with a focus on regulated sectors such as Energy & resources, Healthcare, Life Sciences & Chemicals and Telecommunications, Media & Technology. He regularly advises both senior management and boards of directors when facing sensitive situations and on all aspects of corporate governance.
Umberto represents clients in court and arbitration proceedings, and has served both as an attorney and arbitrator for disputes involving M&A matters.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Genoa (LL.D) 1993
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Partner since 2006
Awards and citations
- #4 in Corporate/M&A
Chambers Global and Europe 2019
- #2 in Energy
Chambers Europe 2019
- Mentioned in Commercial, Corporate and M&A; Energy
- Highly Regarded in M&A
- He is “a top business lawyer with a deal-making attitude."
Chambers Europe 2019: Energy & Natural Resources
- Clients underline his “significant negotiation and relationship skills.”
Chambers Global and Europe 2019: Corporate/M&A
- Lawyer of the Year – Energy Efficiency
LegalCommunity Energy Awards 2017
- Lawyer of the Year - Renewables
LegalCommunity Energy Awards 2016