Mark-Jan Arends is a Partner and heads the Corporate and notary practice with Clifford Chance in Amsterdam.
He specialises in corporate law, corporate finance and related notarial law. His practice focuses on setting up (international) acquisition structures, reorganisations, joint venture structures, cross-border transactions, mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases and divestitures and creating security with respect to (re-)financings, as well as day-to-day counseling of public and private companies on a wide range of matters.
- Advising Dutch private equity firm Gilde Buyout Partners on its public offer for Royal Ten Cate N.V.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Leiden University (Notarial law) 2004
- Admitted as a candidate civil law notary to the Royal Notary Profession 2004
- Allen & Overy LLP Amsterdam 2004
- Sworn in as a deputy civil law notary 2008
- Secondment to Fenwick & West LLP San Francisco 2011 (Foreign Corporate Lawyer)
- Grotius Academy cum laude (post academic Corporate law course) 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance Amsterdam as a Counsel 2014
- Partner since 2015
- Appointed as civil law notary by the King of the Netherlands 2015