Kelly Gregory has 15 years of on-the-ground experience in Clifford Chance's Shanghai office, Kelly specialises in M&A and joint ventures in China, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, disposals and reorganisations.
Kelly has acted on a number of high-profile transactions in China for clients across a broad range of industries, including consumer goods & retail, energy, petrochemicals, technology, industrials (in particular the aerospace and automotive sectors), financial institutions and insurance, private equity, healthcare and life sciences, as well as real estate. Her clients include both multinational and Chinese corporations.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Western Australia (LLB and BA) 1999
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Western Australia 2000
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- Band 3: Corporate/M&A: China-based (International Firms) - China
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020
- Leading Individual for Corporate and M&A: Foreign Firms in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Named as a Leading Individual for Corporate and M&A in China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Kelly is a "very good, very sound and very experienced" lawyer. She has recently been active on corporate transactions in the banking and transportation sectors.. Clients also value her Mandarin skills and client-focused approach.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2017