Melissa Fogarty specialises in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and corporate and commercial advisory work.
Melissa has experience in a range of public and private transaction work. She is particularly well regarded for her ability to lead multi-jurisdictional and cross-practice teams to support clients on complex transactions. Melissa also regularly advises clients on corporate law and corporate governance matters.
- easyJet on the acquisition of part of Air Berlin's operations at Berlin Tegel Airport
- Epiris (formerly Electra) on the sale of Parkdean to Onex for £1.35 billion
- Barclays on the sale of its wealth and investment management business in Singapore and Hong Kong to Bank of Singapore
- Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Hungary
- Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Czech Republic
- Citigroup on its disposal of its interests in the EMI Group: the recorded music business to Universal Music for GBP£1.2 billion, and the music publishing business to a consortium including Sony Corporation of America and Mubadala Development Corporation for USD$2.2 billion
- International Power on the USD$20 billion combination of International Power and the international energy assets of GDF SUEZ, and on the subsequent offer by GDF SUEZ to acquire the shares in International Power not already owned by it
- Santander on the disposal of its shareholding in Thames Water to China Investment Corporation
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Spain
25 June 2014
Clifford Chance asesora a Citibank en la venta de su negocio de banca de consumo
25 June 2014
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Greece
13 June 2014
Global M&A Toolkit
The UK Parliament can (probably) block a no-deal Brexit
13 August 2019
Growing the Green Economy: Addressing the Sustainability Challenges and Opportunities
31 July 2019
Brexit - where are we now?
9 May 2019
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
1 May 2019
Brexit - UK Parliament rejects Withdrawal Agreement for third time. What happens next?
29 March 2019
Career and qualifications
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (BA/LLB) 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in Victoria, Australia 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Partner since 2012