Clifford Chance has advised on Ukrainian transactions since 1991. Since 1 December 2015 Clifford Chance has had in place a best friend's arrangement with Redcliffe Partners based in Kyiv. Redcliffe Partners made up of the senior Ukrainian lawyers previously forming part of Clifford Chance's Kyiv office. This is supported by a wider Ukrainian desk made up of lawyers located in our London, Warsaw and Istanbul offices who all have extensive experience of transactions in Ukraine.
The team is exceptionally well-positioned to advise on Ukraine-related matters across a range of practice areas, including: Antitrust, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Debt Restructuring & Insolvency, International Arbitration, Litigation, Real Estate. It has recently increased its capabilities to include advising on Compliance and Data Protection, Intellectual Property and Tax.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) on obtaining merger clearance for the sale of its 70% shareholding to Saudi Aramco for USD 69.1 billion
- GE Capital on obtaining merger clearance in Ukraine for the sale of PK AirFinance business and its USD 3.6 billion aviation loan book
- J.P. Morgan, EBRD and other lenders on providing of an up to EUR 262 million ﬁnancing to SyvashEnergyProm for the construction of 250 MW wind farm in Ukraine sponsored by NBT AS and Total Eren
- FMO, Green for Growth Fund and the Norwegian Guarantee Institute for Export Credits (GIEK) with respect to financing of the construction, maintenance and operation of a 54 MWp solar PV plant in Bohuslav, Kyiv region
- Straco BVBA (Belgium) in connection with the acquisition of the Ukrainian subsidiaries of Greenyard NV engaged in the mycoculture business
- UniCredit Bank Austrian AG and ING Bank N.V. on up to USD 200 million PXF revolving credit facility to Kernel Group
- J&T Banka on up to EUR 5,4 million financing to VGP, a main Ukrainian company of the Ruta group, a large paper and hygienic products producer
- IFC and EBRD in connection with a USD 74 million senior secured loan to MV Cargo LLC for the greenfield development of an oil and vegetable terminal in Yuzhny seaport in Ukraine
- Tier 1 in Commercial, corporate and M&A, Banking, finance and capital markets, and Energy. Recommended for Competition, Dispute resolution, Employment, Intellectual property, Real estate and construction, Tax and White-collar crime
Legal 500 2020
- Recommended in Banking & Finance, Restructuring/Insolvency, Corporate/M&A and Energy.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Recommended for M&A, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets: Debt, Capital Markets: Equity, Restructuring and Insolvency, Project Development
IFLR 1000 2020
- Listed among top 100 law firms for restructuring worldwide
Global Restructuring Review 2020