We help clients navigate the technical and commercial aspects of Luxembourg and international law. And we regularly work alongside clients and international colleagues on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions.
An experienced, award-winning team
We have particular strengths in M&A and corporate, investment funds, regulatory, capital markets, finance and tax. Our full-service offering also includes real estate, employment, litigation and dispute resolution. And our clients know that we can – if required – call on the firm's wider resources and international network.
The Luxembourg office is recognised by the major legal directories as one of the leading firms in Luxembourg with eleven Band 1 rankings and is "renowned for advising on large and complex national and cross-border transactions."
Technical excellence and industry knowledge
Many of our clients are in the financial industry. We use our experience and carefully tuned teams to deliver technically excellent work that has the right level of partner involvement.
Several of our partners and lawyers serve on the technical committees and working groups of Luxembourg's financial regulator, the CSSF (Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier), the ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry), the Luxembourg Bankers' Association and the Luxembourg Central Bank. Our close contacts with regulators, along with our extensive market experience, mean that we can keep clients up to date on new rules and market trends and suggest the best way to approach each situation.
Effective teamwork on international transactions
Many major corporates and financial institutions use Luxembourg-based corporate entities so we regularly work on cross-border and multi-jurisdiction transactions. Our team has a proven track-record of collaboration with the global network to deliver seamless advice on multi-jurisdiction, multi-practice mandates.
- Advised the lenders to a consortium led by EIG in relation to Saudi Aramco's sale of a 49% equity stake in a newly-formed Saudi Aramco subsidiary, Aramco Oil Pipelines Company. The deal implies a total equity value for Aramco Oil Pipelines Company of approximately USD 25.3 billion
- Advised AlterDomus, a global provider of fund administration, debt capital markets and corporate services backed by the Permira funds, on a series of strategic acquisitions which were executed in end of 2020
- Advised Partners Group, one of the world's pre-eminent private markets investment managers, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Rovensa, a leading provider of specialty crop nutrition, protection and biocontrol products, from Bridgepoint, in a transaction valued at around EUR 1.1 billion
- Advised Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) on setting-up the Luxembourg parallel and feeder fund. The Fund is, according to CIP's press release the largest renewable energy fund globally
- Advised AEW, a leading global real estate investment and asset manager, on the launch of a new urban light industrial strategy platform (ULLIS) with 475 million euros of start-up equity
- Advised Firce Capital on the acquisition of one of Luxembourg's biggest shopping centers
- Advised ICN Development, BESIX RED and TRALUX Immobilier on the structuring, acquisition and financing of the Villeroy & Boch site in Luxembourg
- Advised Patrizia on the acquisition of the distinctive AIRE office building located in Luxembourg
- Advised Goldman Sachs on Ecuador's landmark social bond
- Advised European Investment Bank on the entry into a EUR 50 million venture debt facility with Bolt Technology
- Advised Deutsche Börse - HQLAᵡ innovative new DLT platform for frictionless settlement in the securities lending market
- Advised Schroders on the first close of the Schroder Euro Enhanced Infrastructure Debt Fund II
- Advised Volkswagen on the issuance of EUR 3 billion hybrid bonds
- Advised Allegro, Poland's number one commerce platform and most recognised e-commerce brand, on its PLN 44 billion (USD 11.2 billion) IPO, Warsaw Stock Exchange's largest IPO to date
Directory and client comments
- "Great legal expertise" and "very pleasant to work with."
- "A good team, very strong and reliable."
- "I deal with them in all European countries - they have the widest reach and are one of the firms we work with most often in Europe."
Chambers & Partners Europe 2021