We help clients navigate the technical and commercial aspects of Luxembourg and international law. And we regularly work alongside clients and international colleagues on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions.
An experienced, award-winning team
We have particular strengths in M&A and corporate, investment funds, regulatory, capital markets, finance and tax. Our full-service offering also includes real estate, employment, litigation and dispute resolution. And our clients know that we can – if required – call on the firm's wider resources and international network.
The Luxembourg office is recognised by the major legal directories as one of the leading firms in Luxembourg with eleven Band 1 rankings and is "renowned for advising on large and complex national and cross-border transactions."
Technical excellence and industry knowledge
Many of our clients are in the financial industry. We use our experience and carefully tuned teams to deliver technically excellent work that has the right level of partner involvement.
Several of our partners and lawyers serve on the technical committees and working groups of Luxembourg's financial regulator, the CSSF (Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier), the ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry), the Luxembourg Bankers' Association and the Luxembourg Central Bank. Our close contacts with regulators, along with our extensive market experience, mean that we can keep clients up to date on new rules and market trends and suggest the best way to approach each situation.
Effective teamwork on international transactions
Many major corporates and financial institutions use Luxembourg-based corporate entities so we regularly work on cross-border and multi-jurisdiction transactions. Our team has a proven track-record of collaboration with the global network to deliver seamless advice on multi-jurisdiction, multi-practice mandates.
- Advised Firce Capital on the acquisition of one of Luxembourg's biggest shopping centers
- Advised ICN Development, BESIX RED and TRALUX Immobilier on the structuring, acquisition and financing of the Villeroy & Boch site in Luxembourg
- Advised Patrizia on the acquisition of the distinctive AIRE office building located in Luxembourg
- Advised Patrizia on its proposed €1.2bn acquisition of a pan-European logistics portfolio from BentallGreenOak
- Advised Goldman Sachs on Ecuador's landmark social bond.
- Advised European Investment Bank on the entry into a EUR 50 million venture debt facility with Bolt Technology
- Advised Deutsche Börse - HQLAᵡ innovative new DLT platform for frictionless settlement in the securities lending market
- Advised Schroders on the first close of the Schroder Euro Enhanced Infrastructure Debt Fund II
- Advised Three Hills Capital Partners on the establishment of two new funds in a EUR 192 million GP-led secondary transaction
- Advised Volkswagen on the issuance of EUR 3 billion hybrid bonds
- Advised Allegro, Poland's number one commerce platform and most recognised e-commerce brand, on its PLN 44 billion (USD 11.2 billion) IPO, Warsaw Stock Exchange's largest IPO to date
- "Prowess in multi-jurisdictional transactions is facilitated by Clifford Chance's global network of offices."
- "Very strong, quality team with strong lawyers."
- "Offers high-quality multidisciplinary advice to global financial institutions and asset management companies"
Chambers & Partners Europe 2020