Alexandre Ooms is head of the Brussels tax practice. He has extensive experience in the real estate sector and regularly advises clients on big ticket M&A and high-end finance tax work.
Alexandre is an all-round tax expert and thought leader on the subjects of corporate and international tax, real estate tax matters and fund structuring.
- Advised an international group in the context of an unprecedented tax dispute with the Belgian tax authorities.
- Advised Gfi Informatique on the tax structuring of its public takeover bid on Realdolmen.
- Advised AIMCo on the tax aspects of the purchase of 100% of the shares in the company which owns the Docks Bruxsel shopping centre.
- Advised the key shareholders of AB InBev on the tax structuring aspects of its acquisition of SABMiller.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- KU Leuven (Master of Law) 2002
- KU Leuven (Business Economics) 2003
- New York University (LL.M.) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Solvay Brussels School (Master in Tax Law) 2007
- Admitted as an avocat in Belgium 2008
- Partner since 2016
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
Awards and citations
- "Excellent technical knowledge and effectiveness."
Chambers Europe 2017, Tax
- "He is a pragmatic and emotionally intelligent dealmaker, able to distinguish between what is feasible and what he would ideally wish, and gets the other party moving to our point of view."
Chambers Europe 2015, Tax