Alexandre Ooms is head of the Brussels tax practice. He has extensive experience in the real estate sector and regularly advises clients on big ticket M&A and high-end finance tax work.
Alexandre is an all-round tax expert and thought leader on the subjects of corporate and international tax, real estate tax matters and fund structuring.
- Advised an international group in the context of an unprecedented tax dispute with the Belgian tax authorities.
- Advised Gfi Informatique on the tax structuring of its public takeover bid on Realdolmen.
- Advised AIMCo on the tax aspects of the purchase of 100% of the shares in the company which owns the Docks Bruxsel shopping centre.
- Advised the key shareholders of AB InBev on the tax structuring aspects of its acquisition of SABMiller.
Clifford Chance a conseillé Covivio dans le cadre de l'acquisition d'une participation de 32% dans un portefeuille de 32 hôtels Accor en France et en Belgique
10 July 2019
Clifford Chance advises AEW Europe, in partnership with CIC, on the acquisition and the financing of the "Celsius" portfolio
16 July 2015
Clifford Chance conseille AEW Europe, en partenariat avec China Investment Corporation, sur l'acquisition et le financement du portefeuille "Celsius"
16 July 2015
The First EU General Court judgment on State Aid through tax rulings – are there wider implications?
8 March 2019
New tax on securities accounts adopted by Belgian federal parliament
2 February 2018
Belgian tax reform - What's the impact on the investment fund sector?
22 January 2018
Belgian 2018 corporate tax reform published today - What's the impact for our clients' businesses?
29 December 2017
2018 Belgian Tax Reform: A first review of the key new proposals
2 August 2017
Career and qualifications
- KU Leuven (Master of Law) 2002
- KU Leuven (Business Economics) 2003
- New York University (LL.M.) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Solvay Brussels School (Master in Tax Law) 2007
- Admitted as an avocat in Belgium 2008
- Partner since 2016
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
Awards and citations
- "Excellent technical knowledge and effectiveness."
Chambers Europe 2017, Tax
- "He is a pragmatic and emotionally intelligent dealmaker, able to distinguish between what is feasible and what he would ideally wish, and gets the other party moving to our point of view."
Chambers Europe 2015, Tax