Pablo Serrano's main areas of practice are international taxation, M&A, real estate, finance and tax litigation.
Pablo advises high quality international investors on the structuring of their investments and is very active on the incorporation of all type of investment funds (real estate funds - specifically REITs -debt funds, equity funds, etc). He also enjoys extensive experience on large corporate restructurings and M&A cross border transactions. He and his team have developed an outstanding tax litigation practice.
Pablo is the Tax professor and co-director of a Business Law Program at a prestigious Law School in Madrid.
- Advised Banco Santander on the acquisition of a UK major bank
- Advised Orion Capital on the incorporation of the first major Spanish REIT (Socimi)
- Advised Sareb (the company managing the assets resulting from the restructuring of the Spanish banking system) on their tax issues and investment funds
- Advised Bridgepoint on the tax structuring of the sale and subsequent co-investment of a major stake in Dorna Sports, S.L., a Spanish group which holds the rights to organise and exploit the Motorbike and Superbike World Race Championships
The OECD proposal to rewrite the rules of worldwide taxation: Our take on what it means, and whether it will happen
6 February 2020
Las uniones temporales de empresas: algunas preguntas
27 September 2019
US Senate approves the protocol amending the Income Tax Treaty with Spain
19 July 2019
New protocol amending the current US-Spain tax treaty
26 June 2019
Proposal for a Law on the Financial Transactions Tax (FTT)
13 November 2018
Career and qualifications
- Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, Madrid (Law) 1996
- Universidad CEU, Madrid (Economic and Business Administration) 1996
- Admitted as an abogado in Madrid 1998
- University of Berkeley, California (International Financial Transactions) 1999
- PricewaterhouseCoopers-Landwell 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance 2001
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- Pablo Serrano de Haro heads the firm's tax department. Interviewees value the close working relationship he maintains with his clients, as well as his availability and "straightforward" advice.
Chambers Spain, Tax
- Practice head Pablo Serrano de Haro plays a key role in the firm's major cases, recently leading a significant cross-border tax mandate for Santander.
Chambers Spain, Wealth Management