In a world with aging populations and growing markets, medical devices range from simple thermometers to sophisticated and costly diagnostic imaging equipment or to smart phones.
The role of medical devices in healthcare is essential and developments in the medical technology, the intense scrutiny on direct-to-consumer advertising, life saving recalls are examples of the side range of industry specific issues we can assist clients with. Our experience helps you handling these issues efficiently and our network will assist you investing and acquiring across the globe.
- Advancing corporate objectives such as mergers and acquisitions, new product launches divestitures and partnerships
- Accessing the market with authorizations and reimbursement
- Preparing for the wave of patent expiries over the near to medium term
- Ensuring compliance with changing regulatory requirements and industry codes of conduct
- Implementing immediate actions in case of product recalls and product liability cases
- Ensuring data protection, IT security and patient rights on the implementation of IT systems, as well as digital transformation.
- Acino International and Acino Pharma AG on the sale of Acino's transdermal patch and implant businesses to Luye Pharma
- SCA Group, Stockholm, Sweden, with a cross-border team on the takeover of medical solutions company BSN medical. The purchase price amounts to EUR 2.74 billion
- Medtronic, Inc. on the acquisition of all shares in Advanced Medical Technologies AG (AMT), a manufacturer of products for the treatment of spinal illnesses. AMT has been a producer of innovative products for the treatment of spinal illnesses located in Nonnweiler, Germany, for 10 years
- Morgan Stanley as underwriter of the global offering of PW Medtech's US$155 million listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. PW Medtech is a leading medical device company in China focused on high-growth, high-margin and large market capacity segments in the medical device industry. The core business of the Group is orthopaedic implants and advanced infusion sets
- Ongoing advice on all aspects of Compliance regarding trainings, hospitality, sponsoring and events of various medical device companies.
- The Board of an NYSE-listed medical device manufacturer on investigative responses to a whistleblower allegation of FCPA violations in its China and Hong Kong subsidiaries
- Constant advice of major national and international medical device companies in product liability cases and product recalls.
- Draeger Medical on its retail/whole sale joint venture in KSA with International Medical Development Company
- Peter Dieners is repeatedly named as one of the most prominent figures in the healthcare and life sciences industry. He has carved out an excellent reputation in the area of compliance, and advises on both regulatory and transactional matters. Clients emphasise numerous strengths, with one source particularly valuing his "high analytical capabilities, understandable presentation of complex contexts and solution-orientedness."
Chambers Europe 2017 Germany, Healthcare