David Saleh advises on UK and international tax structuring and related international corporate tax matters. He regularly works with our international tax network, providing cross-border tax advice, guiding International clients into territories outside their local jurisdictions. David's clients include some of the world's leading multinationals, private equity houses, governments and sovereign funds.
David has particular expertise in real estate tax and indirect taxes, including restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and tax disputes leading our UK real estate tax practice. David also advises clients on tax policy, tax disputes (particularly inter-governmental) and also heads our leading UK indirect tax practice.
He is a recognised leader for Tax in the Legal 500, Chambers and SuperLawyers directories.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- King's College, London Law Degree (LL.B Honours) 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance as trainee 1994
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1996
- Partner since 2004
- Law Society, Council member of Stamp Taxes Practices group; Tax committee member of BPF
Awards and citations
- David Saleh is another highly regarded member of the firm's VAT group, and is a "good lawyer" with "very strong" expertise in the field, according to peers. "
Chambers UK 2013, Tax
- "David Saleh, who also enjoys a healthy reputation for indirect tax work. "