29 November 2017
- Charles Adams, Gianluca Bacchiocchi, Lori Ann Bean, Epifanio Pérez, David Evans, José Guardo, Fabricio Longhin, Catherine McCarthy, Chris Willott, Patricio Abal, Luis Maria Clouet, Eduardo Sánchez Roldan, Alejandro Espitia, Mariana Estévez, Eugenio Fernández-Rico, Alberto Haito, Peter Hughes, Ignacio Magariños, Guido Liniado, Laura Marriott, Alan Sakar Azuara, Lauran Smith, Jessica Springsteen, Jeffrey Susskind, Leonela Vaccaro Padron, Liz Wangu
- New York
Clifford Chance named "Best International Counsel – Projects" by Chambers Latin America
Chambers Latin America named Clifford Chance its 2017 "Best International Counsel in Latin America – Projects" during its annual Awards Ceremony in Miami on November 17. The award reflects the Firm's strong reputation and track record across the region, both in the development of game-changing project financing structures and in working with local governments to plan and launch infrastructure initiatives from the ground up.
Clifford Chance can routinely be found atop the LatAm league tables and is currently ranked No. 1 in volume through 3Q17, according to Inframation Deals.
Recent deal highlights from the Firm's Band 1 Project Finance group include:
- Red Compartida: Helped Altán Redes obtain financing for the construction of an open access wholesale wireless network covering 92.2 percent of Mexico's population. LatinFinance 2017 multiple award winner for Best Loan and Best Infrastructure Financing
- Ruta 27: Advised Citigroup in the structuring of a landmark dual offering of international and local project bonds by Autopistas del Sol, S.A., operator of the Ruta 27 toll road concession in Costa Rica. LatinFinance 2017 award winner for Best Infrastructure Financing: Central America.
- Alto Madgalena: Advised Goldman Sachs and the Central American Development Bank (CABEI) in the structuring and arranging of a US$390 million multi-tranche, multicurrency, term loan financing for the Alto Magdalena toll road project in Colombia. LatinFinance 2017 award winner for Best Local Currency Financing
- Conexión Norte: Advised the senior lenders in connection with a multisource and multicurrency financing of the Conexión Norte 4G toll road – part of Colombia's 4G toll road program. LatinFinance 2017 award winner for Best Road Financing
- El Corti Wind Farm: Advised the Inter-American Investment Corporation, Banco Santander and ICBC in connection with the financing of the 98.5MW El Corti wind farm, part of Argentina's innovative RenovAR program.
- Sarco and Aurora Wind Farms: Advised the AELA Group on the financing of the development of the 170 MW Sarco and 129 MW Aurora wind farms located in Chile.
- Lima Metro Line 1 Expansion Project: Advised Mizuho Bank, Ltd., Mizuho Securities USA LLC and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as lead arranger and lender in connection with the financing for the expansion of the Line 1 subway in Lima, Peru.
- Energía Eólica del Sur Wind Farms: Advised Mexican development bank Banco Nacional de Obras y Servicios Públicos ("Banobras") and EKF Denmark's Export Credit Agency in the financing of two wind farms to be constructed by Energía Eólica del Sur in the municipalities of Juchitan and El Espinal in the state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico.
The Firm also was recently recognized by Latin Lawyer and Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) in their annual report analyzing which law firms are serving Latin America's 100 largest companies. This year's results are now out, and Clifford Chance is listed in the No. 2 position among all international firms.
Clifford Chance has been recognized for decades as a preeminent law firm in Latin America, renowned for successful, novel financing structures and its signature ability to drive innovation across the entire region. The Firm's dedicated Energy & Infrastructure team is comprised of bilingual and culturally fluent lawyers who understand Latin America's distinct business, legal and regulatory landscapes, as well as the evolving needs of a diverse client base. The group works seamlessly across practices on matters involving project development and the delivery of cutting-edge project-finance and -bond structures. Uniquely, the team is adept at developing sophisticated, multisource financings, for instance, involving multilateral lending agencies, the bond markets and, increasingly, both. The Firm is currently working on groundbreaking financings in Paraguay and Argentina, and continues to lead the way in Peru and Colombia.