José Guardo's main areas of practice are Projects, Asset Finance and Export and Trade Finance. José advises all the main financial Spanish and international institutions active in Spain.
José also is very active advising corporations and multilaterals abroad, and in particular in Latin America. He has vast expertise in infrastructures and energy related transactions.
- Clifford Chance recognized as Latin Lawyer International Elite 2024 firm
Clifford Chance has been recognized by legal industry publication Latin Lawyer as one of eight International Elite 2024 firms.
29 August 2023
- Advised the bank syndicate on the financing of the winning consortium for the Medina-Mecca high-speed train deal
- Advised the bank syndicate on financing the construction and start-up of Gas Natural’s underwater storage, Project Castor
- Advised the banks on the financing of the Pintado wind-farm project in Uruguay's Florida department
- Clifford Chance Wins Big at the 2017 LatinFinance Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
10 October 2017
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad de Valencia (Law) 1992
- Universidad Carlos III, Madrid (MA, EU Law) 1993
- Admitted as an Abogado in Madrid 1994
- Garrigues 1993, Partner from 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2011
Awards and citations
- 'He is ranked by Chambers as Star Practitioner in the Project Finance category in Spain, where he leads the team and possesses particular prowess in energy and infrastructure project financing, including structured finance. Interviewees confirm his reputation as "a real deal-maker with a lot of expertise", expanding: When things get complicated in negotiations he's very good at solving issues and conflicts.'