Lori Ann Bean specialises in the development and financing of infrastructure and energy projects worldwide. Lori Ann has an extensive broad-based experience in project and acquisition finance, representing export credit agencies, multilateral development institutions and other governmental and commercial lenders, as well as project sponsors and other project participants.
Lori Ann advises clients in various other financing vehicles for infrastructure and energy transactions, including 144A offerings and other bond issuances, guarantee facilities, equity funds and corporate finance. Her experience crosses a broad range of industry sectors, including power, oil and gas, transport infrastructure (airports, toll roads and rail), telecom and petrochemical.
- Campo Palomas: IDB and IIC in connection with the financing of the Campo Palomas wind project in Uruguay, and the subsequent B Bond refinancing
- Marcona and Tres Hermanas (Peru): acting for US Ex-Im, Proparco, DEG, FMO, and Natixis in connection with the financing of pair of wind farms (32 MW and 90 MW) that, when completed, will be the largest wind complex in Peru
- Amandi (Ghana): advising OPIC, EIB, Standard Bank, and Nedbank on the development and financing of a 192 MW combined-cycle power plant
- Kipeto (Kenya): acting for OPIC in connection with the development and financing of a 100 MW wind farm
- Lake Turkana (Kenya): acting for OPIC in relation to its proposed participation in the financing of the 300 MW Lake Turkana wind project
- Olkaria III (Kenya): acted for OPIC in relation to financing the 100 MW Olkaria III geothermal power complex
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Washington D.C.
- +1 202 912 5014
- Email me
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Practice area Global Financial Markets, Construction
- Sector Power & energy networks, Oil & gas, Energy & resources, Transport & logistics, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- Vanderbilt University (BA cum laude), 1991
- Cornell Law School (JD, cum laude), 1994
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Maryland 1994; District of Columbia 1995; New York 2004
- Associate, Crowell & Moring, 1994
- Associate, Winston & Strawn, 1996
- Partner, Winston & Strawn, 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2006
Awards and citations
- Lori Ann Bean has notable prowess in the agency finance space with considerable expertise in advising on energy and transportation projects. She is particularly commended for her work on the development of innovative financing structures.
Chambers USA 2022: Projects: Agency Financing (Nationwide) – Band 1
- Lori Ann Bean possesses a commendable project finance practice, representing export credit agencies and multilateral development institutions on projects in Latin America and internationally. "She is very constructive; she knows what matters and what doesn't, and she takes a measured approach," remarks a market source.
- Chambers USA 2020, Projects
- Lori Ann Bean is active advising on an array of matters in the region, particularly Uruguay. She has advised international development agencies on several energy projects, with a particular focus on renewable energy mandates.
Chambers Latin America 2020, Projects – Latin America-wide
- Lori Bean continues to be at the forefront of MLA and DFI financings in Latin America.
Legal 500 Latin America 2019, Projects and Energy – International Firms
- Lori Ann Bean has been ranked in Chambers USA - Projects. She handles a range of development and financing matters for large-scale energy projects. She is at home representing credit and development agencies as well as lenders and sponsors.
Chambers USA 2019 - Projects (Nationwide)
- Lori Ann Bean has been ranked in Chambers USA - Projects (Nationwide). Lori Ann Bean works with export credit agencies, governmental lenders and development banks on project financings in developing markets, with a focus on Africa and Latin America. She also offers able representation to project sponsors.
Chambers USA 2017 - Projects
- Lori Bean is ranked as a Top 100 female lawyer for Latin America for Latinvex