Fabricio Longhin advises developers, commercial banks, multilateral organizations, export credit agencies, infrastructure and energy funds and institutional investors in all aspects relating to the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects in Latin America and the US.
View more client work by this author
- Renovar, Argentina: the Argentine government in the structuring of RenovAr, along with IFC
- Perimetral Oriental, Colombia: IDB on the financing of the Perimetral Oriental toll road in Colombia, which was awarded under the 4G concession program
- Conexion Norte, Colombia: SMBC on the financing of the Conexion Norte toll road in Colombia, which was awarded under the 4G concession program
- Conexion Pacifico 2, Colombia: Itau on the financing of the Conexion Pacifico 2 toll road in Colombia, which was awarded under the 4G concession program
- Chaglla, Peru: IDB and a group of commercial banks (SocGen, BBVA, DNB, SMBC and CA-CIB) in respect of the ground-breaking financing of the US$1.2 billion Chaglla hydroelectric project in Peru
- Eurus, Mexico: a syndicate of 13 multilateral agencies, bilateral agencies, export credit agencies and commercial banks, including IFC, IDB, CAF, DEG, Proparco, Banobras, Bancomer, Nafin and Bancomext and a consortium of Mexican banks in connection with the US$375 million financing for the development of the Eurus wind farm project in Mexico, a 250 MW power plant with related transmission assets to be developed by Acciona Energía, S.A.
- Tumarin, Nicaragua: Centrales Hidrolectricas de Nicaragua (CHN), a joint venture formed by Eletrobras and Queiroz Galvao, in the development and financing of a 220MW Tumarin hydroelectric project in Nicaragua. With an estimated cost of more than US$1 billion, the Tumarin project will be the largest ever foreign investment in Nicaragua
- Fenix, Peru: Sponsor in connection with the development and financing of the US$700 million Fenix gas-fired project in Peru, which is being developed by AEI
- El Dorado, Colombia: BNP Paribas, BanColombia S.A., HSBC Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on a refinancing of project loans in support of the ongoing expansion of the El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia
- Polesine, Uruguay: Proparco, DEG and FMO in connection with the financing of the Polesine 50MW wind park in Uruguay
Career and qualifications
Universidad de Mendoza (Abogado - JD equivalent) 1996
- Universidad Austral (Masters in Business Law) 2000
- Harvard Law School (LLM) 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law New York 2004; Washington DC 2011
- Partner since 2009
Awards and citations
- Fabricio Longhin has been ranked as Band 2 in Chambers Latin America - Energy & Natural Resources (Latin America-wide). Fabricio Longhin is praised by clients for his language skills and "great handling of very complex situations." Interviewees add: "When I think of Latin America, I think of Fabricio." He has recently worked with prominent gas and solar power developments across the region, as well as international development and commercial banks. Longhin also brings sector-related project finance expertise to the table.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Energy & Natural Resources
- Fabricio Longhin has been ranked as Band 2 in Chambers Latin America - Projects (Latin America-wide). Fabricio Longhin is described by clients as a "first-rate lawyer with phenomenal technical and interpersonal skills." His knowledge spans various jurisdictions and industries, with impressive activity across the infrastructure, oil and gas and renewable power sectors. Longhin is also valued for his ability to co-ordinate consortiums of international commercial banks. Clients highlight his Spanish-speaking skills.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Projects