Clifford Chance, Seoul
21st fl, Ferrum Tower
19, Eulji-ro 5-gil, Jung-gu
- Legal entity: Clifford Chance LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant office)
- See capabilities for Korea
Our Seoul office gives clients ready access to over 30 years of Korean-market experience.
Local know-how, regional and international reach
Clifford Chance is committed to Korea. We've worked with Korean clients for over 30 years and were one of the first international law firms to open an office in Seoul in 2012. Our clients include Korean and international corporations, banks and financial institutions, and regulatory bodies. We work with Korean businesses who are managing and building their overseas operations, and with international companies who are investing in Korean markets and enterprises.
Our Korea team includes lawyers fluent in Korean, Mandarin, and English. We have hands-on experience of Korean and international deals and work closely with Korean-speaking colleagues in Hong Kong when clients need to access Hong Kong's financial markets. The team regularly draws on the firm’s expertise in the full range of practice areas and our Asia Pacific resources.
Capability and connections that deliver for all our clients
Complex, international work demands teams who work together to obtain the best possible results and connect clients – both international and Korean – to the right skills and resources.
For example, we are advising Korean clients on several international financings and M&A projects; our Korean competition-law team is working with Korean clients across multiple jurisdictions; and we are advising Korean clients on EU Commission antitrust investigations.
- Advised the Carlyle Group on its acquisition of ADT CAPS Co., Ltd. and other subsidiaries of Tyco Far East Holdings Ltd. for US$1.93 billion “the largest private equity buyout deal in US dollar value in Korea since 2008”
- Advised Samchully Asset Management Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of
- a 34% stake in Cardinal Gas Service LLC from Total E&P USA, Inc., a midstream company operating in the Utica formation, and EV Energy Partners, L.P.
- one third undivided ownership interest (33 1/3%) in the Luna Energy Facility, a net, nominal 570 MW natural gas-fired combined-cycle electric generation facility located in Luna County, New Mexico, from Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
- Advised Advanced Petrochemical Company, a Saudi joint stock company, in connection with a joint venture with SK Gas Co., Ltd. for the production of propylene in Korea, valued at US$1 billion
- Advised Hanwha Chemical Corporation on the asset purchase agreement to acquire Q-Cells in Germany
- Advised Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of a power station stake in Australia held by Marubeni