Clifford Chance, Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre
25th Floor, Tower 3
12 Marina Boulevard
Additional information for Singapore
- Legal entity: Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
- See capabilities for Singapore
- See our people in Singapore
- Legal entity:
We opened our Singapore office in 1981 to service South and South East Asia, making it one of the longest established international law firms in the region.
Our teams work on inbound and outbound deals across and beyond the region and these teams often include colleagues from our other Asia Pacific offices and lawyers from carefully chosen local law firms. This gives clients the right mix of local-language and local-law capability and the expertise of specialist lawyers from across the firm.
Our experience means we are familiar with the culture, market and legal intricacies in each jurisdiction, which is why we are regularly recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific as international experts in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
One platform for international and Singapore law capability
In Singapore, we have a strong team of more than 120 lawyers combining local and international talent across all key areas of our practice.
In 2008, the Singapore Government awarded one of only six new Qualifying Foreign Law Practice licences to Clifford Chance, as part of its plans to further liberalise the legal sector. This licence allows us to practice and advise on a wide range of international and Singapore law in permitted practice areas. The QFLP was renewed in 2014.
In 2012, Cavenagh Law LLP and Clifford Chance Pte Ltd registered as a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore under the name Clifford Chance Asia. The Formal Law Alliance allows the two firms to provide the broadest range of Singapore and international law services from one platform with Singapore litigation representation provided through Cavenagh Law LLP.
Recent awards and milestones
- Asia-Pacific Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2020
- International Firm of the Year
Asia Legal Awards 2019
- International Firm of the Year
IFLR Asia Pacific Awards 2019
- Syndicated Corporate Loan Law Firm of the Year
APLMA 2018, 2019
- Syndicated Project Finance Law Firm of the Year
APLMA 2017, 2018, 2019
- Real Estate Deal of the Year – Syndicated Term Loan Granted to Novel Vortex Limited in connection with the Proposed Land Development in Singapore
ALB Malaysia Awards 2019
- Asia Pacific Law Firm of the Year – Regulatory
GlobalCapital Global Derivatives Awards 2019
- Asia Pacific Law Firm of the Year – Transactions
GlobalCapital Global Derviatives Awards 2019
- Clifford Chance and Cavenagh Law advises Singapore water treatment company, Hyflux Ltd, and its subsidiaries in a high profile financial reorganisation exercise under the supervision of the Singapore High Court. (Feb 2020)
- Clifford Chance advises on Republic of Indonesia's US$4.3B Global Bonds
- Clifford Chance advises on Gimi floating LNG vessel project located offshore Mauritania and Senegal, West Africa
- Clifford Chance advises Vena Energy on its inaugural US$325 million green bond
- Clifford Chance advises Stirling Square on raising €950 million in relation to its Fourth Fund
- Clifford Chance advises Macquarie Capital and Swancor Renewable as the lead sponsors on the NT$62.4 billion (US$2 billion) financing of the development and construction of the Formosa 2 offshore wind farm in Taiwan
Chambers Asia Pacific, Singapore 2018, 2019, 2020
- Tier One in Aviation: Finance
- Tier One in Capital Markets (International)
- Tier One in Capital Markets: Securitisation & Derivatives (International)
- Tier One in Corporate and M&A (International)
- Tier One in Investment Funds
- Tier One in Restructuring & Insolvency
IFLR Asia Pacific, Singapore 2018, 2019, 2020
- Tier One in Banking and Finance: Banking (International)
- Tier One in Banking and Finance: Project Finance (International)
- Tier One in Corporate M&A (International)
- Tier One in Restructuring & Insolvency (International)
Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Singapore 2018, 2019, 2020
- Tier One in Asset Finance: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Capital Markets: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Corporate M&A: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Financial Services Regulatory: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in International Arbitration: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Investment Funds: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Labour and employment: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Projects and energy: Foreign Firms
- Tier One in Restructuring & Insolvency: Foreign Firms
- "They know when they have to come in strong but also that at the end of the day it's about getting the deal closed, so they have a very balanced approach"
Chambers Singapore, Aviation Finance 2020
- "Clifford Chance were a pleasure to work with. Throughout the case the entire process was managed exceptionally to work efficiently and ensure that everything we did had a purpose. They managed the experts well and assisted in the collation of relevant documents, ensuring that key information and witness statements were available early."
Chambers Singapore, Construction 2020
- "I have found the team to be technically excellent, responsive and commercial in its advice," goes on to praise specifically its handling of a mandate in which it "worked closely with our business and other parties throughout the negotiation of a number of lengthy and complex contracts."
Chambers Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT): International, 2020
- "Clifford Chance has been very professional and covered almost the full range of services in the financial industry, responded swiftly and always remained available for clients."
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, Banking 2020
- "We are very impressed with the capital markets team at Clifford chance. Their responsiveness and high-quality work product and attention to detail and ability to provide commercial solutions and advice on complex transactions is valued.
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, Capital Markets 2020
- "The lawyers were responsive, knowledgeable and prompt."
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, M&A 2020
- "Helpful in identifying potential key issues upfront and coming up with creative solutions"
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, Private Equity 2020
- "Clifford Chance was very timely in responding to our queries, had a good grasp of our requirements, understood what we were looking to achieve and provided sound advice on the way forward."
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, Projet finance, 2020
- "Responsive, commercial and technically sound"
IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific, Singapore, Restructuring and insolvency, 2020
- Antitrust & Competition
- Asset Finance
- Capital Markets
- Funds & Investment Management
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Regulatory Investigations & Financial Crime
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Structured Debt