February 18, 2020
- Joseph Cosentino, Philip Wagman, Howard Adler, Timothy Cornell, Christian Kremer, Daryl Fairbairn (He/Him), Paul Koppel, Michael Van Arsdall, Udo Prinz, Neil Barlow, Stephanie Kilmer (She/Her)
- New York, London, Luxembourg, Washington D.C.
Clifford Chance advises fintech leader FIS on acquisition of majority stake in Virtus Partners
Clifford Chance advised FIS, a world-leading Fortune 500 fintech provider, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Virtus Partners ("Virtus"). Virtus, headquartered in Texas, is a credit-based alternatives fund solutions provider with offices in the US, Ireland, Luxembourg and the UK.
Florida-headquartered FIS provides technology solutions for merchants, banks and capital markets firms. The acquisition will enable FIS to leverage Virtus' offerings to the asset management and alternative investment management community.
Corporate partner Gary Boss led on the transaction, with Neil Barlow acting as the lead associate. The Clifford Chance team was based in New York, London, Luxembourg and Washington, DC, and included:
- Partner Joseph Cosentino and associates Stephanie Kilmer and Rachel Park (Corporate)
- Counsel Daryl Fairbairn and associate Jennifer Saionz (Intellectual Property)
- Partner Philip Wagman and associate Lauren Clarke (Tax)
- Counsel Paul Koppel (ERISA)
- Partner Howard Adler and associate Atul Jain (Executive Compensation)
- Partner Timothy Cornell and counsel Michael Van Arsdall (Antitrust)
- Partner Christian Kremer, counsel Udo Prinz (Finance)
- Partner Owen Lysak and lawyer Luqman Meedin (Banking & Finance / Financial Regulatory)