Christian Kremer heads the corporate and capital markets practices. Christian acts for banks and other financial institutions on regulatory, banking, finance and capital markets matters.
Christian also has a broad corporate, M&A and private funds practice. He has over 25 years of experience in these areas.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Luxembourg
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Speaks French, English, German and Luxembourgish
- Practice area Funds & investment management, Emerging markets, Financial regulation, Capital markets, Banking & finance, M&A corporate
- Sector Banks, Real estate, Funds & investment management, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Luxembourg (First law degree) 1986
- Free University of Brussels (Licence en Droit, magna cum laude) 1989
- Associate, Arendt & Medernach 1989
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1990
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1990
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1993
- Partner, Arendt & Medernach 1994
- Managing Partner, Faltz & Kremer 1998
- Managing Partner, Clifford Chance Luxembourg, since 2000
- London School of Economics/New York University Stern School of Business/HEC Paris (TRIUM Executive MBA, highest distinction) 2004
- Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), member of the board of directors
- Luxembourg Bankers’ Association (ABBL), Committee member
- Haut Comité pour la Place Financière, Member
Awards and citations
- Leading Lawyer Private Equity, Leaders League International Corporate Finance 2015
- Christian Kremer is the managing partner of the firm's Luxembourg office. He receives praise from interviewees, who describe him as "an excellent practitioner who is very involved in the transactions."
Chambers Europe 2016: Banking & Finance, Luxembourg
- Managing partner Christian Kremer leads the team and is described by sources as "truly outstanding." He is well known for his M&A work and has significant experience in the banking sector.
Chambers Europe 2015 – Corporate/Commercial
- Office managing partner Christian Kremer is a versatile practitioner who is noted for his considerable expertise in the corporate, capital markets and banking fields.
Chambers Europe 2014 – Corporate/Commercial
- Christian Kremer handles both transactional work and advisory work for numerous financial institutions. He is also highly regarded for his work in capital markets. One client enthuses: "He worked on a very complex transaction and his feedback and contribution were exceptional."
Chambers Europe 2014 – Banking & Finance