Christian Kremer co-heads the Corporate and Capital Markets practices. He became Senior Partner of the Luxembourg office of Clifford Chance on 1st May 2019 after being Managing Partner since 2000.
Christian Kremer has a broad Corporate, M&A, Private Equity, Finance and Insurance practice. He has over 30 years' experience acting for, corporates, private equity houses, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions on corporate, finance, regulatory and capital markets matters.
He is a member of expert committees of the CSSF, the Luxembourg regulator of the financial sector. He is also a member of the Haut Comité pour la Place Financière, an advisory committee to the Luxembourg government.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Luxembourg
- +352 48 50 50 201
- Email me
- Speaks French, English, German and Luxembourgish
- Practice area Funds & investment management, Emerging markets, Financial regulation, Capital markets, Global financial markets, M&A corporate
- Sector Banks, Real estate, Funds & investment management, Private equity
Career and qualifications
- University of Luxembourg (First law degree) 1986
- Free University of Brussels (Licence en Droit, magna cum laude) 1989
- Associate, Arendt & Medernach 1989
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1990
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1990
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1993
- Partner, Arendt & Medernach 1994
- Managing Partner, Faltz & Kremer 1998
- Managing Partner, Clifford Chance Luxembourg 2000
- London School of Economics/New York University Stern School of Business/HEC Paris (TRIUM Executive MBA, highest distinction) 2004
- Senior Partner, Clifford Chance since 2019
- Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), member of expert committees
- Haut Comité pour la Place Financière, Member
Awards and citations
- Christian Kremer is admired by clients for his communication skills, as well as his "hard-working attitude and prompt responses to our requests".
Chambers Europe 2021: Corporate/M&A
- Christian Kremer advises clients on complex and high-value transactions, as well as restructurings and mergers. Clients praise his ability to meet deadlines and report that the "delivery time is great.“
Chambers Europe 2020: Corporate/M&A
- Christian Kremer enjoys a solid reputation among sources for his experience in capital markets matters, with one describing him as "a very good technical lawyer who is very well respected.“
Chambers Europe: 2020 Capital Markets
- Leading Lawyer Private Equity, Leaders League International Corporate Finance 2015
- Christian Kremer is the managing partner of the firm's Luxembourg office. He receives praise from interviewees, who describe him as "an excellent practitioner who is very involved in the transactions."
Chambers Europe 2016: Banking & Finance, Luxembourg
- Managing partner Christian Kremer leads the team and is described by sources as "truly outstanding." He is well known for his M&A work and has significant experience in the banking sector.
Chambers Europe 2015 – Corporate/Commercial
- Office managing partner Christian Kremer is a versatile practitioner who is noted for his considerable expertise in the corporate, capital markets and banking fields.
Chambers Europe 2014 – Corporate/Commercial
- Christian Kremer handles both transactional work and advisory work for numerous financial institutions. He is also highly regarded for his work in capital markets. One client enthuses: "He worked on a very complex transaction and his feedback and contribution were exceptional."
Chambers Europe 2014 – Banking & Finance