Paul Koppel is the Firm’s Head of ERISA. He regularly advises clients regarding a broad range of ERISA and executive compensation matters, including ERISA issues for alternative investment funds and financial institutions, advising fund sponsors on the application of ERISA to funds that include retirement plan investments and advising private equity funds and hedge funds on the issues that arise in connection with pension plan investors, and advising on compliance with ERISA’s fiduciary requirements when ERISA plan assets are being managed.
Paul has represented clients before federal government agencies, including the Department of Labor, the SEC, the IRS and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Cristalerías Toro SpA in connection with a Section 4(a)(2) private placement of US$60 million aggregate principal amount of fixed-rate notes with an eight-and-a-half year tenor
News and client work
- A New Type of Quality Control: U.S. Department of Labor Warns Fiduciaries Against Including Crypto Assets in Retirement Plans, Employee Benefit Plan Review (September 2022)
- The DOL Proposed Amendment to the QPAM Exemption, Practical Tax Strategies (Thomson Reuters November 2022)
- 3 Issues To Watch In DOL's Transaction Waiver Proposal, Law360, August 2022
- Has your U.S. retirement program had a risk checkup lately?, July 2021