7 April 2023
- Fabricio Longhin (He/Him), Alejandro Leon, Thais Garcia (She/Her), Mark Sheehy, Lucia Guardone, Stefanie Ferring, Donald Sefer, Tjasa Perger, Darren Littlejohn, Santiago Roca Arribas (He/Him), Avrohom Gelber, Paul Koppel, Thomas Koh (He/Him), Milica Pavlovic
- Washington D.C.
Clifford Chance advises on acquisition financing for port infrastructure platform Tramarsa in Peru
Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised Banco Santander as sole lead arranger, sole bookrunner and lender, and Banco Internacional del Perú S.A.A., Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A., Banco de Crédito e Inversiones S.A., Miami Branch and Banco Internacional de Costa Rica S.A., as lenders, on the financing for the acquisition of a 50% stake in Trabajos Maritimos S.A. (Tramarsa).
Tramarsa is an integrated port infrastructure platform owned by Grupo Romero. It operates two port concessions in Peru, both of which are strategically located at the entry and exit points of Peru's primary mining and agricultural regions.
The cross-border, cross-practice Clifford Chance team advising on the transaction included:
- Projects: partner Fabricio Longhin, associate Alejandro Leon and law clerk Pedro Buchanan
- Corporate M&A: partner Thais Garcia, associates Mark Sheehy and Lucia Guardone and law clerk Maria Fernanda Gadea
- Banking & Finance: partner Stefanie Ferring, avocat Donald Sefer and associate Tjasa Perger
- Hedging: partner Darren Littlejohn and associates Jacklyn Hoffman and David Martinez
- Antitrust: special legal consultant Santiago Roca Arribas
- Tax: partner Avrohom Gelber and associate Tomislava Dragicevic
- ERISA: partner Paul Koppel and associates Thomas Koh and Milica Pavlovic
Clifford Chance advises on many acquisition finance transactions in the Latin American market. The firm recently advised Lenus Capital Partners on a healthcare acquisition financing in Colombia and on a US$509 million acquisition financing to Grupo Energía Bogota.