7 December 2016
Welcome to the 12th edition of Clifford Chance’s Global IP Newsletter. With the New Year approaching, we would like to finish 2016 with some insights on current developments in the world of Intellectual Property.
This December issue will touch on a broad variety of IP topics:
- Sydney: Playtime is Over! Australian Court delivers landmark decision upholding rights of Australian trade mark owners against foreign manufacturers
- Barcelona: Spain starts paving the way for the transposition of the new European Trade Marks Directive
- Milan: Italian defensive trade marks
- Düsseldorf: Litigating EU trade marks – The geographical scope of injunctive relief in the EU – “Combit/Commit”
- Prague: The CJEU on the Interpretation of an Intermediary under Directive no. 2004/28/EC
- London: Intermediary liability: A new approach by brand owners in the online environment?
- Amsterdam: Judgment of the CJEU – Hyperlinking to illegal sources infringes copyright
- London: The recent EU copyright proposals
- Barcelona: Judgment of the Court of justice of the European union dated 12 October 2016 (c-166/15): the rule of exhaustion of the right-holder’s distribution right and the back-up copy
- Hong Kong: The recent regulation on mobile Apps in China