Diego de Lammerville has litigated numerous complex commercial disputes in state courts and in a variety of arbitral forums.
Diego has experience in M&A/Corporate, securities and commercial/distribution litigation.
Diego is teaching commercial proceedings at the Paris Bar School and also occasionally teaches securities litigation at Sciences Po.
Clifford Chance publie l'ouvrage "Réforme du droit des contrats et pratique des affaires"
17 November 2015
- Dans le prolongement de l'arrêt Granarolo de la CJUE, la Cour de cassation retient la nature contractuelle de l'action indemnitaire de l'article L. 442-6, I, 5° du Code de commerce, (JCP E n° 15-16, 12 Avril 2018, 1190)
- Comment sécuriser son closing, with Alexandra Milleret, Option finance N°1442-1443, 18 December 2017
- Nature de l'action en réparation pour rupture de relations commerciales établies, with Léa Marion, JCPE 29 June 2016
- Réforme du droit des contrats et pratique des affaires – la généralisation des clauses abusives, Dalloz, 2015
- Réforme des contrats : à l'aube d'une ère nouvelle ? Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires, 23 September 2015
- L'impérieuse mais dangereuse réforme du droit des contrats, Les Echos Business, 20 August 2015
- Co-author of the report Regulating disputes before the Supreme Courts, October 2014
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter – 22nd Edition – IP Topics in Consumer Goods and other IP Topics
6 June 2019
Contrats - Distribution - Consommation : Veille Juridique, mai 2019
21 May 2019
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter - 21st Edition - IP topics around the globe
21 March 2019
Contrats - Distribution - Consommation : Veille juridique, février 2019
12 February 2019
Contrats - Distribution – Consommation : Veille juridique, octobre 2018
18 October 2018
Career and qualifications
- University Paris X Nanterre (Maîtrise in Public Business Law) 1996
- University Paris X Nanterre (Maîtrise in Commercial Business Law) 1997
- University Paris X Nanterre (DEA in Business Law) 1998
- Admitted as an avocat in Paris 1999
- King's College London (LLM) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2000
- Counsel since 2009
- Partner since 2012
Awards and citations
- "Clifford Chance is representing leading international banks facing market abuse and insider trading investigations by the AMF. The firm is also defending a credit rating agency in very sensitive matters, including in the first investigation and enforcement proceedings conducted by the European Securities and Markets Authority. It is also acting for a CAC 40 company in another potential insider trading case. Thomas Baudesson is highly experienced and recommended. Diego de Lammerville and newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer are also key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation, 2019
- "Clifford Chance's large 15-lawyer team handles a wide range of cases, including acting on sensitive healthcare-sector product liability cases for clients such as Pfizer and GSK, and representing leading French and international retailers and companies in high-stakes commercial and private enforcement litigation. The team is notably representing SFR and Numericable in several key matters, including a sensitive unfair commercial practice dispute initiated by Free, as well as representing Carrefour in numerous claims against its suppliers. The practice also handles corporate litigation and is representing international banks including RBS in banking and financial disputes. JP Morgan and Apax are also clients. The team is led by the highly experienced Jean-Pierre Grandjean and Thomas Baudesson, and the up-and-coming Diego de Lammerville and Thibaud d’Alès. Counsel Marguerite Aynès is also recommended."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, 2019
- Diego de Lammerville is active across several sectors including retail, life sciences and financial services. He advises on unfair competition, transaction and insurance-related disputes.
Chambers Europe, France, Dispute Resolution: Litigation, 2019
Chambers Global, France, Dispute Resolution: Litigation, 2019
- "Clifford Chance’s ‘super engaged and responsive’ 17-lawyer team has ‘a great fighting spirit’ and provides ‘excellent, thorough, timely, dedicated and personable service’. The practice is handling a broad range of disputes including M&A, banking, distribution, commercial and product liability matters, and is regularly instructed in high-stakes commercial litigation, especially in the retail and telecoms sectors. It is representing SFR in a sensitive dispute with Orange regarding the deployment of fibre optic technology in France, and successfully defended Jacob Douwe Egberts before the Court of Appeal in a case launched by Lavazza to stop the commercialisation of co-branded coffees. The practice also obtained a landmark victory at appeal stage for Royal Bank of Scotland in a major "toxic" loan litigation initiated by Lille Urban Community. The practice is also strong in sports-related disputes. Carrefour, Apax Partners, GlaxoSmithKline and J.P. Morgan are other clients. Jean-Pierre Grandjean is highly recognised. Other key names include Diego de Lammerville, who is ‘technically very good, provides strategic advice and demonstrates commitment and understanding of his clients’ business’, and Thibaud d’Alès, who is ‘a very strong and articulate litigator, well prepared, hardworking, and thinks out of the box’."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, 2018
- "Clifford Chance represents international companies, CDC 40 groups and financial institutions in AMF investigations on insider trading and communication of false company's information. Standard & Poor‘s and FXCM are clients. Thomas Baudesson, Diego de Lammerville and counsel Charles-Henri Boeringer are the key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation, 2018
- "Interviewees report that Diego de Lammerville is "very creative and commercial and has an in-depth technical knowledge of the law." He specialises in contentious commercial matters."
Chambers Global, France, Dispute Resolution, 2018
Chambers Europe, France, Dispute Resolution, 2018
- "Clifford Chance is retained by large French and international corporations, investment funds and banks. The firm handles sensitive commercial, corporate and banking cases. It is also deals with product liability cases in the healthcare sector. Recent highlights include defending JPMorgan Chase in a dispute with ADP regarding the acquisition of a stake in Turkish airport operator TAV, and successfully representing SFR before the Court of Appeal in unfair competition litigation with Free Mobile. Carrefour, Airbus and Novartis are also clients. Jean-Pierre Grandjean, Thomas Baudesson, Diego de Lammerville and Thibaud d’Alès are recommended."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, 2017
- Diego de Lammerville is "passionate and eloquent at court." He represents clients from the industrial, aeronautical, retail and consumer goods sectors in distribution litigations. He defended Carrefour in unfair competition, unfair advertising and anti-competitive behaviour disputes.
Chambers Global, France, Dispute/Resolution, 2017
Chambers Europe, France, Dispute/Resolution, 2017
- "Clifford Chance has ‘a very high level of litigation expertise’ and produces ‘very high-quality work’. The ‘available and efficient’ team is recommended for ‘strategic cases’ and is especially strong in commercial, consumer and distribution law, where it represents many leading French retailers such as Carrefour. The firm successfully defended SFR in a sensitive dispute with Free Mobile. The practice also deals with major corporate and banking cases. It is representing Apax Partners in a dispute initiated by Chenavari. Other clients include RBS, J.P. Morgan and Hilton. Practice head Jean-Pierre Grandjean is highly regarded. Thomas Baudesson is also recommended along with Diego de Lammerville and recently promoted partner Thibaud d’Alès, who shows ‘excellent pleading skills and is also a good negotiator".
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, 2016
- "Clifford Chance gives ‘very high level, quality advice’, and is trusted by large international and French corporations such as Carrefour to handle major commercial disputes. The 15-lawyer practice successfully defended SFR in litigation against competitor Free Mobile. The team is also handling significant work in the financial services field, such as representing RBS in a case concerning swaps concluded with Lille Urban Community. Thomas Baudesson and Diego de Lammerville are recommended."
Legal 500, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, 2014
- "Newly promoted partner Diego de Lammerville are also recommended."
Legal 500, Dispute Resolution, 2013