Fabio Guastadisegni is Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Italy.
Fabio has been admitted to practice before the highest courts of Italy since 2006 and has extensive experience, accrued during more than 20 years of practice before Italian Courts, on insolvency/restructuring, securities litigation, arbitration and commercial litigation, particularly for commercial and investment banks and large corporations in domestic and cross-border disputes.
Fabio is a regular speaker at national and international conferences and client seminars on topics such as insolvency, restructuring and class actions.
Legal victory for Clifford Chance and Citibank in the Parmalat case
20 April 2011
Career and qualifications
- University of Bari (LL.D) 1989
- Court of Appeal of Naples (postgraduate course in preparation for the Italian Magistracy) 1991
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Milan Bar Association and European Arbitration Court (postgraduate course on International Arbitration) 1998
- Milan Bar Association (specialisation course in EEC regulations) 2000
- Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Italy 2003
- Partner since 2004
- Admitted as a cassazionista (Supreme Court lawyer) 2006
Awards and citations
- #3 in Dispute Resolution
Chambers Global and Europe 2019
- Mentioned in Dispute Resolution; Restructuring & Insolvency
Legal 500 2019
- Highly Regarded in Restructuring & Insolvency
- Sources note that he is “technically brilliant and able to detect and pursue the right strategy."
Chambers Global and Europe 2019: Dispute Resolution
- Lawyer of the Year, Finance Litigation
LegalCommunity Finance Awards 2017