Fabio Guastadisegni is Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Italy.
Fabio has been admitted to practice before the highest courts of Italy since 2006 and has extensive experience, accrued during more than 20 years of practice before Italian Courts, on insolvency/restructuring, securities litigation, arbitration and commercial litigation, particularly for commercial and investment banks and large corporations in domestic and cross-border disputes.
Fabio is a regular speaker at national and international conferences and client seminars on topics such as insolvency, restructuring and class actions.
Legal victory for Clifford Chance and Citibank in the Parmalat case
20 April 2011
A Guide to Restructuring and Insolvency Procedures in Europe
8 July 2019
EU directive on restructuring frameworks: The same, but different?
26 June 2019
Restructuring Solutions in Europe - Promoting and Embracing Change
5 April 2019
La Suprema Corte di Cassazione legittima la delegabilità a terzi della partecipazione alla mediazione obbligatoria
3 April 2019
Italy's Supreme Court allows third parties to participate in mandatory mediations through third party representation
3 April 2019
Career and qualifications
- University of Bari (LL.D) 1989
- Court of Appeal of Naples (postgraduate course in preparation for the Italian Magistracy) 1991
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Milan Bar Association and European Arbitration Court (postgraduate course on International Arbitration) 1998
- Milan Bar Association (specialisation course in EEC regulations) 2000
- Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Italy 2003
- Partner since 2004
- Admitted as a cassazionista (Supreme Court lawyer) 2006
Awards and citations
- Fabio Guastadisegni is highlighted for his "lengthy experience in corporate litigation."
Chambers Global & Europe 2018: Dispute Resolution – Italy
- #4 Dispute Resolution
Chambers Global & Europe 2018
- Lawyer of the Year – Finance Litigation
LegalCommunity Finance Awards 2017
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution; Restructuring & Insolvency
- Leading Lawyer in Restructuring
- "Straight to the point" and "very knowledgeable and precise."
Chambers Global & Europe 2016: Dispute Resolution – Italy