Stephen Reese is an experienced IP specialist advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property rights. He advises broadly on strategy and the protection, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, designs, trade secrets and copyright.
Stephen has significant experience advising clients within the life sciences, healthcare, technology and FMCG sectors. He also advises on the UK and EU regulatory aspects of pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices and their interaction with IP strategy, exploitation and enforcement.
Clifford Chance advises Merck on global strategic immuno-oncology alliance with GlaxoSmithKline
5 February 2019
Clifford Chance advises SCA on the takeover of BSN medical
19 December 2016
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter – 22nd Edition – IP Topics in Consumer Goods and other IP Topics
6 June 2019
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter - 21st Edition - IP topics around the globe
21 March 2019
AI and Risk for Financial Institutions
7 March 2019
Pot Luck: Marketing cannabis-based products for medicinal use in the UK
27 February 2019
Fintech in Israel – an overview
18 December 2018
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2016
Awards and citations
- Sources say he provides "a Rolls-Royce service: slick, competent and personable."
Chambers UK 2019 – Life Sciences: Transactional
- "Charming but tough."
- Legal 500 UK 2017 – Intellectual Property
- "He has considerable expertise in the life sciences sector and the 'confidence to listen to views from the whole team.'"
Legal 500 UK 2017 - Intellectual Property
- Stephen is listed as a leading "Patent Star" in Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars 2018
- Stephen has been ranked in IAM's Top 250 Patent Licensing specialists since 2010. He has also been cited as a top rated attorney in Super Lawyers
- Stephen Reese is a well-known transactional lawyer noted for his "forensic attention to detail." He is recognised for his assistance with M&A deals, spin-offs and equity financing arrangements.
Chambers UK 2018: Band 2: Life Sciences