June 24, 2021
- Neil Barlow, Kevin Lehpamer, Eric Schaffer, Curtis Kyuyong Cha (He/Him), Maria Kim (She/Her), Philip Wagman, Daryl Fairbairn (He/Him), Jennifer Saionz (She/Her), Howard Adler, Victoria Manthas, Megan Gordon, Brian Yin, Andrew Young, Rebecca Isaacs, Andrés Berry (He/Him)
- New York
Clifford Chance advises alterDomus on its strategic acquisition of technology provider Investors Economic Assurance
New York: Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised alterDomus, a global provider of fund administration, debt capital markets and corporate services backed by the Permira funds, on its acquisition of Investors Economic Assurance (IEA), a global leading provider of technology solutions and services to alternative investment managers.
New York-based IEA specializes in capital administration solutions, including limited partners' waterfall calculations and general partners' carried interest allocations. IEA's technology platforms will complement alterDomus' industry-leading, in-house technology solutions and offer benefits to the company's US and global clients. This strategic acquisition represents another milestone in alterDomus' growth strategy focused on providing high-quality, vertically integrated solutions to highly sophisticated private equity, venture capital, real estate and credit investors.
alterDomus administers more than US$1 trillion assets globally and generates close to 40 percent of its revenues from the fast-growing US market. Clifford Chance has a long history of partnering with alterDomus, notably advising the company on a series of strategic acquisitions in the United States in 2020.
Partner Neil Barlow commented, "We are thrilled to partner with alterDomus on this strategic acquisition and to draw on the firm's significant cross-practice tech capabilities in the US. We wish alterDomus and IEA the very best in their new and exciting combination."
Barlow led the transaction along with partner Kevin Lehpamer and associate Eric Schaffer. The wider team advising across multiple practice areas includes:
- M&A: Associate Curtis Cha and law clerk Maria Kim
- Tax: Partner Philip Wagman and associate Sean Smestad
- IP: Counsel Daryl Fairburn and associate Jennifer Saionz
- Employment: Partner Howard Adler
- Real Estate: Counsel Victoria Manthas and associate Solomon Torkieh
- Data Privacy and Security: Partner Megan Gordon and associate Brian Yin
- Finance: Partner Andrew Young and associates Rebecca Isaacs and Andres Berry