DBS Bank Tower
Ciputra World One, 28th floor
Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav. 3-5
*Linda Widyati & Partners in association with Clifford Chance
- Legal entity: Linda Widyati & Partners
- See capabilities for Indonesia
Together with our associated firm in Jakarta, Linda Widyati & Partners (LWP), we offer more than 30 years of experience advising local and international clients in Indonesia. Our team is able to deliver world-class service and the highest quality advice to our clients by combining the best local knowledge with access to global insights through the Clifford Chance network.
Indonesia – an attractive investment option
Indonesia is considered an attractive and profitable destination in Asia Pacific. With many promising changes underway in its business environment, and buoyed by regulatory reforms, increasing levels of investment and a growing middle class, Indonesia is set for long-term economic prospects.
Our core areas of practice
Our association with LWP in 2014 was formed to provide clients with a truly integrated, global offering in Indonesia. LWP specialises in corporate/M&A transactions and advisory work, foreign direct investment advice as well as capital markets, projects and banking and finance in a range of sectors including financial institutions, energy and resources, private equity, consumer goods & retail (CG&R) and, technology, media& telecommunications (TMT).
Local, regional and global know-how that delivers successful results
Our scale, scope and experience allow us to provide high quality solutions to legal, regulatory and business issues. Paired with in-country expertise gives us considerable insight into the issues that can arise and enables us to anticipate our clients' needs and help our clients resolve their potential obstacles from the onset. Our people are committed to Indonesia, and focus on expanding and deepening our product offering for clients locally, and across the globe.
Recent examples of our Indonesia work include advising:
- Nebras Power on its acquisition from Engie of up to 35.5% in PT Paiton Energy, Indonesia's largest Independent Power Provider (IPP), as well as on the acquisition of a stake in the Operations & Maintenance company that runs Paiton.(2016)
- various private equity houses on their investments in Indonesian portfolio companies, including in the CG&R and pharmaceutical sectors. (2016)
- the lenders (including Societe Generalé, KEXIM, SACE and EGAP) on the export credit financing to PLN for the 501MW Grati CCGT extension project. (2016)
- the lead arrangers, HSBC, CIMB, J.P. Morgan and Dubai Islamic Bank on a US$2 billion sovereign sukuk raised by the Government of Indonesia. (2015)
- the Joint Lead Managers and Bookrunners, Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC and National Bank of Abu Dhabi PJSC, on the US$400 million Bridge Facility provided to PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk. (2015)
- Dubai Islamic Bank and National Bank of Abu Dhabi as the Lead Arranger and Bookrunner in respect of Garuda Indonesia's issuance of global Sukuk of up to US$500 million. The sukuk is the first ever offshore US dollar offering by an Indonesian corporate issuer, and the first sukuk issuance utilising the airline capacity structure (as part of a sukuk-al-wakala structure) in Asia. (2015)
Awards and milestones
- Debt and Equity-Linked Deal of the Year: Garuda Indonesia sukuk – IFLR Asia Awards 2016
- Indonesia Deal of the Year: Garuda Indonesia US$500 million sukuk – IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2016
- Indonesia Perusahaan Penerbit SBSN Indonesia III 144A Senior unsecured Wakalah Fixed Rate Trust Certificates (Government of Indonesia/Sovereign) IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2016
LWP in association with Clifford Chance is ‘among the best available in the Indonesian market in terms of speed and substance’.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017: Indonesia - Corporate M&A
Linda Widyati – Ranked by IFLR as Leading Lawyer in Banking, Capital Markets, M&A, Project Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency
Jeroen Koster– Ranked by IFLR as Leading Lawyer in M&A
Arisia Pusponegoro – Ranked by IFLR as Leading Lawyer in Banking
Linda Widyati inspires confidence in her clients, who laud her as "a good operator and good lawyer." She has more than two decades of experience in the Indonesian market and is well-versed in complex, cross-border transactions. Her work highlights include assisting Hengtong Optic-Electric with its acquisition of a 30.08% stake in Voksel Electric.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 – Corporate/ M&A
"They know how to negotiate and they know how to resolve the issues to close deals quickly." "They are professional, knowledgeable, responsive, innovative, commercial and flexible." "They're able to put an understanding of the regulations in the Indonesian market context."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 - Corporate & Finance (Expertise Based Abroad)
Linda Widyati is praised by clients as "extremely hard-working, able to deal with complex cross-border issues and able to meet tight deadlines."
Corporate/M&A: Indonesia: Chambers Asia Pacific 2016