December 15, 2021
- André Duminy, Jamie Andrew, Ioana Burtea, Jenni Polson, Midori Takenaka, Daryl Fairbairn (He/Him), Alistair Woodland, Ines Keitel, Christopher Fischer, Laura Conway, Simon Crown, Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion, Steven Gatti, Meera Ragha
- New York, London, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Washington D.C.
Clifford Chance advises fintech provider FIS on global transfer agency agreement with Franklin Templeton
Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised Fortune 500 fintech provider FIS on its agreement with Franklin Resources, Inc (Franklin Templeton) to operate its global transfer agent function whereby FIS will assume operation as a sub-agent or delegate, depending on the jurisdiction.
Franklin Templeton has US$1.56 trillion in assets globally, and as part of the strategic partnership, approximately 1,450 employees across Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, and the US will be given the opportunity to join FIS.
London-based corporate partner André Duminy led on the transaction with partner Gary Boss in New York, senior associate Jamie Andrew, lawyers Ioana Burtea, Jenni Polson and Midori Takenaka in London, and law clerk Lily Phan in New York.
The wider deal team included the following lawyers from New York, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg and Washington, DC:
- IP: Daryl Fairbairn (Counsel, NY)
- Employment: Alistair Woodland (Partner, LON), Ines Keitel (Partner, FRA), Christopher Fischer (Counsel, Frankfurt), Laura Conway (Senior Associate, LON) and Kirsty Jones (Trainee Solicitor, LON)
- Regulatory: Simon Crown (Partner, LON), Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion (Partner, LUX), Steve Gatti (Partner, DC), Meera Ragha (Senior Associate, LON) and David Adams (Associate, DC)