Simon Crown specialises in financial regulation, with particular focus on funds and asset management and M&A and reorganisations involving financial institutions.
Simon also has expertise in the areas of regulatory capital, client assets, transaction services (such as the regulation of payments) and European Directives relating to financial services.
Experience in the financial services sector includes advising:
- Simon is a leading adviser on the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). As well as taking part in the UK regulator's legal experts group on AIFMD, Simon advises a large number of asset managers, fund administrators, depositaries and valuers on AIFMD issues
- Simon also advises many asset managers on other regulatory issues, such as fund structuring, licensing, client money and governance
- Simon has extensive experience in advising financial services groups on acquisitions and disposals of regulated businesses. Simon was part of the team that advised the Co-operative Group on its bid for the branch banking business of the Lloyds Banking Group
- Simon plays a leading role in the firm's transaction services practice, advising on the regulation of payments and related cash management products
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Lincoln College, Oxford (MA Law) 1995
- University College, London (LL.M) 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Partner since 2009