19 September 2018
Please find attached the October 2018 edition of "Contentious Commentary: Hong Kong", a publication that provides a summary of recent developments in litigation and dispute resolution. The publication is produced by lawyers in the litigation and dispute resolution practice at Clifford Chance.
This edition of "Contentious Commentary: Hong Kong" covers:
- Bank wins decade-long mis-selling case
- Does carrying on in a job provide consideration for employment changes?
- Court gives leave to defend to defendant alleging collusion
- Court allows plaintiff to benefit from sanctioned payment
- Court of Appeal affirms Court's discretion in winding-up foreign companies
- High Court clarifies circumstances in which provisional liquidators may exercise restructuring powers in Hong Kong
- Non-party ordered to bear the costs in company action
- Can account inspection be ordered where account holder hasn't been served?
- District Court ruling sounds alarm bells for senior employees
- Tribunal considers scope of disclosure in competition battle
- Contempt order left in place against Sino Forest defendants
- Court restrains PRC civil proceedings due to breach of arbitration agreement
- Court of Appeal revisits the basis for calculation of pre-judgment interest
- Court of Appeal rejects appearance application by overseas counsel
- Court considers whether to allow claim where writ was issued against the wrong company
Contentious Commentary: Hong Kong October 2018