Lei Shi's practice focuses on China-related dispute resolution matters, including international arbitration, regulatory compliance and investigation, and commercial litigation.
In the arbitration area, Lei has over 12 years of experiences as counsel in arbitration under HKIAC, ICC, SIAC, CIETAC, LCIA, SCC, AAA and UNCITRAL Rules in relation to M&A, private equity, banking, technology, real property and other commercial disputes.
In the regulatory area, Lei advises clients in daily compliance, due diligence, internal investigation and government investigation in the areas of anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions and export control.
Lei has worked at our Hong Kong and New York offices. Prior to joining Clifford Chance, he practised at a leading PRC firm for three years.
- Arbitration: advising a leading private equity firm in connection with a USD 300m dispute arising out of its acquisition of a majority share in a Chinese food chain (CIETAC arbitration and Hong Kong / Singapore injunction proceedings)
- Arbitration: advising a leading Chinese technology company in connection with a joint venture and online game development dispute (HKIAC arbitration and Hong Kong injunction proceedings)
- Regulatory: advising various multinational and Chinese companies in anticorruption due diligence, risk assessment and internal investigation in relation to their business in Asia (particularly in China)
- Regulatory: advising various multinational and Chinese companies in government enforcement actions in anti-money laundering, sanctions/export control and financial regulatory matters
Clifford Chance advises on landmark HK$9.5 billion telecommunications acquisition
10 November 2016
Clifford Chance advises Carlyle on US$25 million cornerstone investment in Fu Shou Yuan
19 December 2013
Time for Japan to Take a Tougher Stance on Foreign Bribery
15 October 2019
Interim Measures in Aid of Arbitration: Arrangement between Mainland China and Hong Kong to Take Effect on 1 October 2019
30 September 2019
Why Hong Kong is China's Sanctions Hot Spot
26 September 2019
Debarment: Asia Pacific Raises the Bar on Public Procurement
26 August 2019
1 August 2019
Career and qualifications
- Peking University (LLB) 2006
- Admitted as a lawyer in the People's Republic of China 2007 (non-practising)
- Harvard Law School (LLM) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2015
- Partner since May 2019