Skip to main content

Clifford Chance

Clifford Chance

News and awards

Clifford Chance advises Norges Bank on its investment in a 674 MW portfolio of PV and wind plants in Spain and Portugal

  • en
  • es
  • Language options

1 February 2024

Clifford Chance advises Norges Bank on its investment in a 674 MW portfolio of PV and wind plants in Spain and Portugal

Clifford Chance has advised Norges Bank Investment Management on the acquisition of a 49% interest in a portfolio of solar plants and onshore wind farms located in Spain and Portugal from Iberdrola.

The portfolio comprises two solar plant projects and two onshore wind projects with an installed capacity of 674 MW, equivalent to the annual electricity consumption of 350,000 Spanish households. Solar plants make up 60% of the portfolio, while onshore wind accounts for the remaining 40%.

All four projects are currently under development, expected to be completed in 2025-2026. Norges Bank Investment Management will take ownership of these when they become operational. The transaction is subject to authorisations from the relevant authorities.

The Clifford Chance multidisciplinary team advising on the deal was led by Luis Alonso, Javier Hermosilla, Pablo Murcia, Miguel Barredo and Íñigo Navarrete. The team was also composed of José Guardo, José Luis Zamarro, Begoña Barrantes, Gabriel Miranda, Clara Iglesias, Clara Ortells, Mónica Romero, Josep Massana, Elena Euba, Julia Hernández and Jimena Garrote. The team was supported by Portuguese firm Morais Leitão in relation to Portuguese law matters.

Clifford Chance asesora a Norges Bank en su inversión en una cartera de 674 MW de plantas solares y eólicas en España y Portugal

Clifford Chance ha asesorado a Norges Bank Investment Management en la compra a Iberdrola del 49% en una cartera compuesta por plantas solares y eólicas onshore ubicadas en España y Portugal.

La cartera comprende dos proyectos solares y dos proyectos eólicos con una capacidad instalada de 674 MW, equivalente al consumo eléctrico anual de 350.000 hogares españoles. Las plantas solares representan el 60% de la cartera, mientras que las eólicas representan el 40% restante.

Los cuatro proyectos están actualmente en fase de desarrollo y se espera que estén terminados en 2025-2026. Norges Bank Investment Management tomará la propiedad de los mismos cuando entren en funcionamiento. La operación se encuentra sujeta a las autorizaciones por parte de las autoridades pertinentes.

El equipo multidisciplinar de Clifford Chance que ha asesorado en la operación ha estado liderado por Luis Alonso, Javier Hermosilla, Pablo Murcia, Miguel Barredo e Íñigo Navarrete. El equipo estuvo formado también por José Guardo, José Luis Zamarro, Begoña Barrantes, Gabriel Miranda, Clara Iglesias, Clara Ortells, Mónica Romero, Josep Massana, Elena Euba, Julia Hernández y Jimena Garrote. Clifford Chance ha contado con el apoyo de la firma portuguesa Morais Leitão en todas las cuestiones relativas a Derecho portugués.