28 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises on top Hong Kong IPOs for 2018
Clifford Chance has advised on the largest and most significant Hong Kong initial public offerings in 2018. The firm's Greater China team advised on nine IPOs totalling US$15.759 billion.
- Advising on China Tower's US$6.9 billion IPO
- Advising on Xiaomi Corporation's US$5.4 billion IPO -- Xiaomi was the first company to be listed under Hong Kong's new weighted voting rights structure. This was also the fourth largest technology company IPO globally after Alibaba, Facebook and Infineon
- Advising Ping An Good Doctor on its US$1.12 billion IPO
- Advising on hotpot chain Haidilao's US$964 million IPO
- Advising on the first ever IPO of a payment company in Asia -- China's leading independent third-party payment service providers Huifu Payment Limited for US$216 million
The firm's success in Hong Kong IPOs in 2018 and in previous years has been driven by the firm's focus on clients and investment in its people to provide the best advice in the market.
China Co-Managing Partner Tim Wang said, "We have worked very hard to build an exceptional practice centred around our clients. Our strong teams in Beijing and Shanghai, in addition to Hong Kong, are a testament to this. I am very proud of the fact that we have the capability to seamlessly deliver the full range of advice across all these offices."
Hong Kong partner Amy Lo added, "We have invested in our team over many decades to build a practice that is long-lasting and sustainable while providing cutting-edge advice. Many of our clients share this same vision. Our impressive list of IPOs this year is a culmination of all our efforts."