Tim Wang is the Co-Managing Partner of Clifford Chance's China offices.
Tim has extensive experience in cross-border M&A and capital markets and has been particularly active in advising large Chinese companies in their outbound investment and overseas listing.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, he has more than six years' experience working as an in-house counsel in large Chinese state-owned enterprises.
News and client work
Clifford Chance, Shanghai
Clifford Chance, Beijing
- Email me
- Speaks Mandarin and English
- Sector Consumer goods & retail, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Banks, Renewables, Insurance, Telecommunications, media & technology
Career and qualifications
- Wuhan University (LLB) 1996
- Obtained PRC legal professional qualification certificate (non-practising) 1999
- King's College, University of London (LLM) 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2010
- Member of Clifford Chance's Partnership Council 2013 – 2019
- China Co-Managing Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- Ranked as an Eminent Practitioner
Chambers Greater China Region 2023 - Capital Markets: Equity (International Firms)
- China International Dealmaker of the Year
ALB China Law Awards 2013, 2019, 2021 & 2022
- Ranked in China Top 15 TMT Lawyers list
Asian Legal Business 2019