Tiernan Brady is responsible for developing and implementing Clifford Chance's global inclusion policies and campaigns within the firm, with our clients and in wider society.
Tiernan is an equality campaigner. Before taking up the role in Clifford Chance he was the director of the Equality Campaign, the successful Australian marriage equality campaign and political director of Yes Equality, the successful Irish campaign for marriage equality – the only two countries in the world to enact marriage equality by public vote.
He has served as the Director of Organisation to the Irish Deputy Prime Minister (Tánaiste), Mary Coughlan and as Mayor of his hometown of Bundoran in Ireland.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance’s Out-of-the-Box Inclusion Campaign
Corporate Counsel Business Journal, September 2019
Career and qualifications
- University College Dublin (BA) 1995
- Dublin City University (MA) 2008
- Political Director of Yes Equality, Ireland 2015
- Executive Director of The Equality Campaign, Australia 2016
- Co-founder Equal Future 2018
- Joined Clifford Chance 2019
Awards and citations
- Named as an inspirational diversity and inclusion leader by d&i leaders in its 2021 Global Benchmarking Survey