23 April 2020
Clifford Chance is IFLR Europe International Law Firm of the Year
Clifford Chance was recognised as International Law Firm of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards 2020, also picking up Law Firm of the Year awards for its Debt and equity-linked, Equity, M&A, and Structured Finance and Securitisation practices. The firm also received recognition for its work on a number of high profile deals, and was named National Firm of the Year for Belgium, for Poland and for Romania.
The IFLR Europe Awards showcase the most innovative firms and deals and are based on a combination of submissions and research by IFLR, which forms part of the Euromoney publishing empire.
The impressive list of IFLR Europe Awards 2020 received by Clifford Chance includes:
- International law firm of the year
- Belgium firm of the year
- Poland firm of the year
- Romania firm of the year
- Team of the year: Debt and equity-linked
- Team of the year: Equity
- Team of the year: M&A
- Team of the year: Structured finance and securitisation
- Deal of the year: Debt and equity-linked, Associated British Ports LIBOR to SONIA bond switch
- Deal of the year: Equity, Huatai Securities IPO
- Deal of the year: Private equity, Inmarsat take-private
- Deal of the year: Structured finance and securitisation, Stenn trade receivables securitisation
Regional Managing Partner for Continental Europe, Charles Adams, comments: "We are pleased to have been awarded International Law Firm of the Year by IFLR, and that our strengths have been so broadly recognised for the second year. We are working as one with our colleagues and our clients during the crisis. Although this is no time for celebration, such positive market recognition based on our performance across the board in 2019/20 reflects our outstanding practices in Europe and our relentless focus on delivering value and excellent client service. Thank you and congratulations to everybody involved."