March 22, 2019
- Fabricio Longhin, Alan Sakar Azuara, Alberto Haito, Jacklyn Hoffman, Greg Kahn, Eduardo Sánchez Roldan
- Madrid, New York, Washington D.C.
Clifford Chance advises on the financing of Colombia's Autopista Al Mar 1 Project
A cross-border Clifford Chance team led by partner Fabricio Longhin advised the Senior Lenders and Hedge Providers in the multi-currency financing of the Autopista Al Mar 1 ("Mar 1") toll road project in Colombia.
The project includes the development of 176 kilometers of roads in the department of Antioquia, Colombia. Mar 1 is the largest of the 4G projects and the first to reach financial close in 2019 and is the ninth 4G project financing handled by the Firm to reach financial close. The Firm is currently advising on several more 4G projects.
The Firm's team included project finance lawyers in Madrid and Washington, DC and capital markets lawyers in New York:
- Madrid: associates Gabriel Miranda and Eduardo Sanchez (advising the Senior Lenders)
- New York: senior associate Greg Kahn and associate Jacklyn Hoffman (advising the Hedge Providers)
- Washington, DC: partner Fabricio Longhin, senior associate Alberto Haito, associate Alan Sakar Azuara and law clerk Pablo Ariel Fekete (advising the Senior Lenders)
Clifford Chance has been recognized for decades as a preeminent law firm in Latin America. The Firm's dedicated Energy & Infrastructure team is comprised of bilingual and culturally fluent lawyers who understand Latin America's distinct business, legal and regulatory landscapes, as well as the evolving needs of a diverse client base. The group works seamlessly across practices on matters involving project development and the delivery of cutting-edge finance and capital markets structures.
The Firm has wide-ranging experience advising on toll road transactions in Latin America, and is uniquely experienced in guiding clients through the various financing structures and regulatory frameworks involved in long-term concessions in Latin America. Clifford Chance has been at the forefront of the Colombian 4G program, having acted in more 4G project financings – including the Pacifico Tres, Costera, Perimetral and Alto Magdalena toll road projects – than any other international law firm.