19 September 2021
Welcome to the June 2020 edition of the UK: Pensions Update.
In this edition we touch on various developments in the pensions arena over the past few months including the recent High Court case of Hughes v PPF which found that the pension compensation cap applied by the PPF amounts to unlawful discrimination on grounds of age and must be disapplied, what's been happening with RPI/CPI case law and also the Pension Regulator's guidance on the interim regime for pension superfunds.
In this edition we also cover:
- Pension Schemes Bill 2019-21 – Progress Update
- TPRs Defined Benefit Funding Code Update
- TPRs Annual Funding Statement 2020
- Expansion of TPR's Investigatory Powers
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 Receives Royal Assent
- FCA Value for Money Review / Consultation
- FCA Defined Benefit Transfer Guidance / Consultation
- Consultation on Central Clearing Obligations for PSAs
- AG Issues Opinion on VAT Exemptions
- HMRC v Sippchoice Limited
- TPRs COVID-19 Guidance Update
- On the horizon