Clare Hoxey is a pension law and regulation specialist, advising clients on a wide range of issues.
Clare specialises in all aspects of pensions law acting for UK and multinational public and private corporations, insurance companies and other pension product providers, private equity houses and trustees of occupational pension schemes.
- Situs on the acquisition of Deutsche Bank's commercial mortgage loan servicing business
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc on the sale of the RBS Aviation Capital business
- Aviva on various policy documents and ‘de-risking’ products, and acting for Aviva on a number of transactions
- Legal & General on a GBP£2.7 billion longevity swap with BAE systems
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Nottingham University (LLB, Law) 1992
- Joined Clifford Chance 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1998
- Partner since 2007
- Association of Pension Lawyers (APL) - Educations and Seminars sub-committee 2004-2006, Investment sub-committee since 2006
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute (PMI)
Awards and citations
- Respondents value Clare Hoxey's "market understanding, ability to contribute to innovative thinking, focus on the end result, and strong professional negotiating style."
- Clare Hoxey has recently advised a number of clients on ongoing pensions matters, including the trustees of Safeway, as well as Bechtel. One client said "she always provides extremely thorough advice, ensuring that we do not overlook any unintended consequences".